2 replies to this topic

#1 Metoo

Metoo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

I was glutened like weeks ago, I got my area where i have my rash to heal up. no more blisters...etc. There area was still discolored though

Well then two weeks ago, I cut my finger where I get the DH/rash...and it was like it caused me to break out a very small amount, I got maybe 10 blisters....since then now the cut and the skin just doesn't want to heal. Normally from a bigger outbreak it takes me 4-5 weeks to heal, but this was very small, the blisters didn't entirely go through their cycle like normal...now I am just left with broken discolored skin.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

I think fingers must be one of the worst spots to heal.

I got a spot after the flu. It goes down, then if I wash dishes or do alot of food chopping it flares back up..each time getting more and more dh'ish.

Try wearing rubber dish gloves and those food service gloves while cooking. Also, I out a band-aid on it and that helps, with a moisturizer.

I'm back at that stage where it's peeling and dry. Ugh. Mine has cracked and burned and just looked awful.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#3 Metoo

Metoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

I think fingers must be one of the worst spots to heal.

I got a spot after the flu. It goes down, then if I wash dishes or do alot of food chopping it flares back up..each time getting more and more dh'ish.

Try wearing rubber dish gloves and those food service gloves while cooking. Also, I out a band-aid on it and that helps, with a moisturizer.

I'm back at that stage where it's peeling and dry. Ugh. Mine has cracked and burned and just looked awful.

Washing my hands definitly does not help or doing dishes. I should try wearing gloves! I put lotion on afterwards and that helps a little, keeps it from drying out so much that it cracks open more.

That is pretty much much what mine looks like "cracked and burned and just awful!" lol....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: