20 replies to this topic

#16 123glldd

123glldd

Advanced Community Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

Ok...no one has mentioned McDonalds sundaes. Aren't they ok? I have heard they were. We do those once a week. Disclaimer: my daughter will show no symptoms so until this first blood work comes back, I don't know if I am doing ok.
Also-I am sorry but your puking story had me cracking up. Not because your child was sick but you have a great way of writing. You should do a blog. Yes, I think the trampoline may have contributed. I have a child who will throw up if she gets too full. We have had some adventures with that too. My poor husband usually gets all the puke clean up because I will be gagging with them. He usually tells me to leave before he has 2 messes to clean up. I can do blood, I can do explosive diarreah....I can not do vomit.
Anyway, if anyone knows that McDonalds is NOT safe, please let me know.

Oh my god I'm totally with you on the vomit thing. As a teen i could watch movies like the Exorcist even...can't go near it now. I am soooooo sensitive to throwing up I'd never be able to clean it up lol What a nightmare!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

We had rootbeer floats tonight, all from the dollar store. Some people say the dollar store food is junk, but if I don't get sick, I don't care. :)

#18 kelly's mom

kelly's mom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Our family doesn't go out for ice cream all that often, but it's a cherished ritual of childhood that I would hate to give up. However, it certainly seems like CC galore, with all those open tubs and scoops that are just rinsed off between customers. Is there any safe way to do this?

What about frozen yogurt or soft ice cream -- if it comes out of a machine and is a gluten-free flavor (according to the store), would you trust it? (I assume the toppings are out of bounds due to the same CC issue.)

My family and I were traveling, it was late at night and we stopped at a McDonalds because it was the only place open. I have had the soft serve ice cream before and did not get sick so I thought I would have it in a cup. I watched as one of the workers took a cone and put the soft serve on it and then dumped the ice cream back in the machine. I was a bit stunned and told the young man who was helping me to cancel my ice cream order. I made a comment that I could get really sick by what had just happened. He asked why and I said I was allergic to ingredients in the cone. He was a nice clerk, he just did not know. He told me that they did not want to wasted ice cream and only the top ice cream had fallen off. He had to get a shift manager to void the entry. He gave me my money back and I went back to sit with my family. I could hear the conversation between him and the shift manager while we were sitting there. They had no clue what they had done could make some people sick. I guess I am done with McDonalds ice cream.

#19 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

My family and I were traveling, it was late at night and we stopped at a McDonalds because it was the only place open. I have had the soft serve ice cream before and did not get sick so I thought I would have it in a cup. I watched as one of the workers took a cone and put the soft serve on it and then dumped the ice cream back in the machine. I was a bit stunned and told the young man who was helping me to cancel my ice cream order. I made a comment that I could get really sick by what had just happened. He asked why and I said I was allergic to ingredients in the cone. He was a nice clerk, he just did not know. He told me that they did not want to wasted ice cream and only the top ice cream had fallen off. He had to get a shift manager to void the entry. He gave me my money back and I went back to sit with my family. I could hear the conversation between him and the shift manager while we were sitting there. They had no clue what they had done could make some people sick. I guess I am done with McDonalds ice cream.

Wish you had reported that store to the health department. That is unsanitary and against public health laws having nothing to do with gluten!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#20 Cara in Boston

Cara in Boston

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Lately we've had great service at Pinkberry. (yogurt, not ice cream, but close!). The frozen yogurt comes out of a machine and none of their flavors contain gluten so there is no danger of cc. If you want toppings, they have a list of what is safe and will take out a new container and new spoon to get your toppings (don't use the ones in the counter, they are a mess.) The staff is always pleasant and helpful.

C

#21 zebra

zebra

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

I sit down on my sofa, with my own Talenti gelato---- now THAT is ice cream!!! And safe at that Posted Image

That may be 'safe'and diary free but for some reason Talenti makes me sick. I have no idea why because Iove gelato. :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: