8 replies to this topic

#1 LuckyAtlas84

LuckyAtlas84

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

What do you think of Sugar-Stevia blend from C&H company?

Today, I baked mini gluten free zuchinni muffins. Yum! it is truely delicious compares to regular flour zuchinni muffins. :lol: Which I dont really miss at all.... :P

plus I used new kind of sugar that is blended with stevia. oh my gosh very little of sugar-stevia blend go very long way! :o

recipe called for half cup of sugar. bag of blend said that one cup of regular sugar is equal to half cup of sugar and stevia blend. so i only used 1/4 cup of sugar-stevia blend. It is just tasty and very natural plus half in calories!!! wow, I am pretty impressed with that product. :D

however, now next step are baking mini chocolate tollhouse gluten free cookie bites that include sugar-stevia blend. I will see how it go for cookies. i will update my post. :)

mini zuchinni muffins are very addictive. It made me wanna to polish one batch off haha but thankfully that I add mittled flaxseeds to make it more fulling and safistying plus more fiber and amino acids like omegas-3. Haha! :P

i guess i am becoming a baker in speciality within time. :D
Still in process of searching for answers to my symptoms

Disagnosed with PCOs Dec 2010
Disagnosed with Asthma Sept 1993

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

I'm glad you're having success. Are you using Pinterest recipes?
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#3 LuckyAtlas84

LuckyAtlas84

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Prickly, I will eventually try pinterest recipes when i return from florida in two weeks. I am jsut try to finish my veggies off before I leave so that way i dont come back to moldy and rotten veggies.

zuchinni was one of veggies that i needed to used up fast cuz i bought bit too many. (it was on sale)

only veggies i have left are carrots, baby boy choy, green peppers, sweet peppers, and onions. so I am thinking about whip them up in big stir fry but this time i will serve over rice with chicken.

#4 LuckyAtlas84

LuckyAtlas84

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Chocolate chip bites were success. My family members dont really like it too much. they said it is not same as nestle tollhouse chip recipe at all. :blink:
I told them that its prehap bit different since sugar and flour are different from regular flour and sugar.

i dont know what to make it taste great as nestle tollhouse chocolate chip cookies... :huh:

oh well, i think it taste good to me! :P Just that I added MINIS chocolate chips since it is chocolate chip bite-size rather than regular chocolate chip cookies.

Would that make it any difference in taste?

oh well I just prehap need to change butter since I used margarine instead of real butter... it would make it any difference?

#5 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Both the chips and the butter will change the flavor and texture.

I'd take down the butter a bit when converting. gluten-free recipes tend to need less - 1/4 to 1/3 less?

And I think the Nestlé minis are different. My dad uses them in ice cream and it's just different...not the same if he uses the big ones.

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

#6 LuckyAtlas84

LuckyAtlas84

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

yes,

you are correct.

i am suspesting it is butter and size of chips do affect the taste and dont really call up to best tasting cookies.

I guess i should just abide by the recipe strictly without really tweaking and substitusing etc.

#7 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

yes,

you are correct.

i am suspesting it is butter and size of chips do affect the taste and dont really call up to best tasting cookies.

I guess i should just abide by the recipe strictly without really tweaking and substitusing etc.

Some recipes just need to be tested a bit? Do you keep notes about the results? I found it best to do that so I could tweek the recipe a bit as needed the next time I try it.

I'm happy to see you're baking. Are you feeling better?
Your zucchini muffins sound yummy! I'll bet your cookies were good too, just a bit different than Toll house? If you family doesn't like them...more for you! LOL ;)

#8 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Some recipes just need to be tested a bit? Do you keep notes about the results? I found it best to do that so I could tweek the recipe a bit as needed the next time I try it.

I'm happy to see you're baking. Are you feeling better?
Your zucchini muffins sound yummy! I'll bet your cookies were good too, just a bit different than Toll house? If you family doesn't like them...more for you! LOL ;)

Notebooks are great. I've started two-one for holidays and one for gluten-free experiments. I leave 2-3 pages between each new experiment so I can add notes as I go.

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

#9 LuckyAtlas84

LuckyAtlas84

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

thank you Bubba's mom and prickly for the suggestions!

I never thought of keeping the notebook to record that i did already tried tweaked recipes and take note of what does work and what does not work that way i dont make mistake again!

What a great idea!

Bubba's mom, oh yes I do see improvement in my energy level and no issues with gas and BM lately. I just dont feel so sleepy and so drained so much.

I just started mulitvitamins and probotics but its too early to say if probotics are needed. I could tell that my energy soared when i started mulitvitamins. I feel like i am kid again! I do pray that it will last long time if i keep up with mulitvitamins and cut gluten out that I am not at borderline prediabetic level anymore after get disagnosed with PCOS and had bloodwork drawed out and doc said i am at edge of getting diabetic disease unless i do something about it. :huh:

I am already on low carb diet but found that gluten can cause more issue in me so i cut bread and pasta out and its so much better.
sorry if i am rambling.... I am just saying that its best for my health's sake. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: