7 replies to this topic

#1 MitziG

MitziG

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

A few months ago, I had a bad gallbladder attack after being glutened. In agony, I remembered that ACV could help tummy troubles. So sick I couldn't think, I poured a glug or two in water and chugged it. The relief was almost instant, and I had been throwing up and sufferring for over an hour.

Last week, my 13 yo got glutened and was SO sick. Usually she is in pain for hours before she staRts puking, and then throws up for hours. Decided to try the ACV. It made her puke within a minute or two. She felt better for a bit, then got sick again. A second dose stopped the pain and nausea right away and she was able to sleep.

For those looking for some pain relief with a glutening, give it a try! Be sure to get the organic ACV with the "mother" (that's the gross scummy stuff floating in it.) I will always keep a bottle in the medicine cabinet from now on!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Pauliewog

Pauliewog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

My body's response to gluten is like your daughter's. I have some ACV (Bragg's, I believe). I will definitely try it next time. Of course I am working hard to not have a "next time!!!"

#3 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

My body's response to gluten is like your daughter's. I have some ACV (Bragg's, I believe). I will definitely try it next time. Of course I am working hard to not have a "next time!!!"

I don't know why, but apple cider vinegar fixes everything! I always use it when I have a cold or stomach problems.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#4 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

Maybe the acid helps digest the food? Curious isn't it?
I have the Bragg's brand here (with the mother). I'll have to remember to use it more often when I have a bit of trouble digesting.

I hope I never have to find out if it works for a glutening! :lol:

#5 lesliev523

lesliev523

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

Maybe the acid helps digest the food? Curious isn't it?
I have the Bragg's brand here (with the mother). I'll have to remember to use it more often when I have a bit of trouble digesting.

I hope I never have to find out if it works for a glutening! :lol:

I swear by ACV. I drink a little every morning before I have breakfast. I don't dilute it in water anymore, I put a little bit in a glass and take it like a shot, lol. Then I brush my teeth. Remember to do that after you drink it, because it can cause tooth problems if you don't brush right away.
Gluten free since 4/17/12

#6 ndw3363

ndw3363

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

Leslie - I've read that you absolutely should NOT brush your teeth immediately after drinking ACV because the acid makes your enamel soft - brushing immediately afterwards will harm your enamel. Better idea is to either use a straw to drink it, or wait at least an hour after drinking it to brush your teeth. Swish with some water afterwards too. I drink ACV all the time because I have low stomach acid and it helps SO much - but gotta protect those teeth!

#7 SarahJansen

SarahJansen

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

I’ve found I crave vinegary foods when I’ve got a gluten overload,  and a friend just linked me to this study saying that acetic acids do break down proteins. Very cool: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20355061

#8 Brandiwine

Brandiwine

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

I keep ACV for everything from a tooth ache, to dandruff!! This stuff is amazing. I make kale with sliced apple and ACV to help my healing process. I've heard that you cans add a cup to bath water to cure yeast infections. I use diluted ACV on a swab to clean my face and it keeps my completion clear and tone.

Vegetarian, Gluten Free diet since 03/2013, sensitivity to raw onions, soy, allergic to Cinnamon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: