This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Getting Tired

Stubborn red head

Stubborn red head Apprentice

I have been messing with my diet here and there testing out different things, some I have been lucky and happy :) I tried but most things I have regretted dearly :( ! I am going to take a break on trying different things for a while and try again in a couple months to expand my diet more than it is. I ate tonight at Golden Corral. I know stupid me but my husband likes it from time to time so I ate a salad and a piece of fish from the skillet fish, and some icecream with carmel from a pump. Now I am having issues with my stomach. I thought I was playing it safe. Not getting any of the hot foods and keeping to a salad, and a piece of fish. I was wrong!!! :(

I know I have only been on the diet for a few weeks, and I feel like I am giving up to early, and shouldn't be dealing with this many issues right off the bat but I am. Could I be over reacting? I guess but I don't like running to the bathroom within 30 minutes of leaving the table and then there is the bubbly belly for the rest of the night. :angry:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sa1937 Community Regular

If everything you ate was indeed gluten-free, I would think the possibility of cross-contamination would be huge at Golden Corral.

dilettantesteph Collaborator

It's only been a few weeks. There is a lot to learn. You need to be patient with yourself. It will be worth it in the end. I felt like I was aging in reverse for a long time as I got better and better. I kept finding new symptoms which I hadn't even known were caused by gluten. It was worth every bit of frustration and difficulty. Good luck.

It's only been a few weeks. There is a lot to learn. You need to be patient with yourself. It will be worth it in the end. I felt like I was aging in reverse for a long time as I got better and better. I kept finding new symptoms which I hadn't even known were caused by gluten. It was worth every bit of frustration and difficulty. Good luck.

Thnaks, for your encouragement. I dont want to go back to gluten.. ever! :D

I'm just feeling frustrated by all the things that are making me sick. I knew doing this there would be a learning curve. My parents are gluten free and have been for 10 years now. I know that thy cheat a little bit here and there they tell me that they do, it took them 5 years to be able to eat small amounts of gluten without having issues. (small amounts would mean eating something like the filling out of a pie and leaving the crust, sushi the black wrap has wheat starch in it, most fast food restaurants due to CC) I know its going to take some time, I have the hardest time around my husband, its not his fault but he loves to eat and that used to be one of our things going out to eat, but now it seems that's out the door for the most part. (hubby works out of town through the week)

mamaw Community Regular

I chuckled at your comment of( "over re-acting).. I think as humans we think of the worse & hope for the best...

The more serious you are at the beginnning the better you will be at the end ...

CC is big anywhere you eat out but salad bars have tons of CC. Maybe you should have spoken to the mgr &asked if you could have a salad with whatever veggies from the storage bucket, still not safe but better than salad from the bar area....not even sure they would do this...never hurts to ask..

You are still so new to this lifestyle change... We all wish it could easy & fast but for most NOT... Also keep it simple to give your body a chance to do its healing..Tyr not to focus on what you can't do or eat but what you can have... Your mental attitude is just as important as healing your intestinal issues..body, mind & spirit all three must be in order for a complete healing to take place...

Take a deep breath, try to relax a little & enjoy knowing you are on your way to better health..positive thinking please.....

hugs

I am doing my best to stay positive but when I get hit with unexpected CC (ok slightly expected) I get kinds discouraged. I'm thinking its time to put my adventurous side, aside and just stick to the basics and eat at home for a while.

Archived