Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Make-Up

4 posts in this topic

So I bit the bullet and bought Afterglow cosmetics. They are suppose to be gluten free and are manufactured in a gluten free facility. I used the lip gloss over the weekend and I am having a... lets call it....an adverse reaction. Has anyone else used this line of cosmetics?

Ads by Google:

I haven't used it, but are you sure the reaction is from the lip gloss, or could you have an issue with another ingredient in it?

I know those are obvious questions, but just thought I'd ask. :)

I bought some & use it & have no problems BUT I have not tried the lip products yet. I only got the starter kit which has no lip products in it. I was going to get around to getting some lip gloss as I have been so happy with the other stuff.

I have been hesitant though to get the lip products b/c they have castor seed oil in them as do so many products these days. When I was 5 or 6 I helped my father drag castor bean bush (tree) prunings out to the curb & got some of the sap on me. I ended up with GIANT hives!!!!!! ALLERGIC!!!!! Now, some people tell me that I should not react to castor oil b/c it is not the sap of the plant but I just can't bring myself to test that theory especially since finding out I am celiac with dh & knowing how we can react to the most oddball things.

I have been unable to find a gluten-free lip product -- lipstick or colored gloss --- which doesn't contain castor oil. But I haven't checked them all.

I am now thinking that it doesn't have anything to do with the lip gloss..except possibly the sesame oil. I am thinking it has a TON to do with the liquid sals I drank (apple cider) on sat. It has left me feeling glutened and the DH is royally PO'ed now.

Where is the itchy burning smiley? lol He will work.... :ph34r: