1 reply to this topic

#1 Jetamio

Jetamio

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hi everyone. I've always been hypoglycemic but since going gluten-free, I'm having a lot of issues. I was eating vegan prior to my diagnosis but added small amounts of animal protein (eggs, chicken) at my doctor's recommendation. It has helped with the hunger. However, my blood sugar has been dipping a lot and my curve show's that I'm reactive. My endo says she's seen this happen to other people as the heal from any sort of illness and recommends I do something along the lines of the Paleo diet. She says that some folks level out as they heal and I will need to watch this to make sure it doesn't develop into diabetes.

Any experienced advise out there? I'm struggling lately with eating in general (planning, finding the time to cook, finding things that sound good, etc.) Going to the grocery store and meal planning feels overwhelming lately.
Dairy free since 2010
Gluten free 2/2012 after off the charts positive blood test
Soy and MSG sensitive
Have opted not to biopsy right now.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ninja

Ninja

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

I don't have much advice to give, but I wanted to let you know that I understand your blood sugar struggles. It can be so frustrating. Something that helps me when I'm feeling insatiable is to eat a little glucose (semi-sweet choco. chips).

Fruits, veggies, chicken and rice are my go to foods they're really fast, easy to make and there's little to no planning involved! :)

Keep us posted on how you are doing I hope things start to get better soon. :)

~Laura

Gluten Free 2/12 

Let the soul speak with the silent articulation of a face

~Rumi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: