2 replies to this topic

#1 Stubborn red head

Stubborn red head

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

OK I am not a fitness person, but I am having some serious issues with my joints, I have to wear a carpal tunnel brace on my left hand due to tendinitis, I keep ankle braces handy, I twist, pull, stain my ankles all the time it kind runs in the family. Just today I sprained my knee. Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of vitamin I need to take to get my strength back in my joints.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 JillianLindsay

JillianLindsay

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hi there,

Glucosamine can help with joint health and pain. I'd recommend talking to your DR about physiotherapy as well. The best thing for healing injured joints is to strengthen the muscles around those joints to provide them more support. Swimming and other low-impact exercises can help strengthen without causing more pain or injury. Good luck!

gluten-free since July 8, 2009!

#3 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

Oftentimes problems with joints can be resolved with taking Manganese, which is essential for joint health. Bovine collagen can be helpful, too. Have you been tested yet for thyroid problems? Having thyroid issues can cause carpal tunnel and other tendon problems. It's very common for people with celiac to have thyroid problems (especially Hashimoto's Thyroiditis).

I suffered from tendinitis in my wrists, knees, elbows, shoulders, and hips for most of my life--and then I discovered that all I needed to do was avoid gluten, taken bovine collagen and Manganese, and treat my thyroid for Hashimoto's. No more pain ever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: