Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anyone Have Trouble With Probiotics?

10 posts in this topic

So as some of you know I have been having trouble again after 2 years gluten free, but had got cc'd several times in a row. So started (after this big flare up) on probiotics and back on nexium and then later gastric enzymes. So then I was still having problems so tried grain and dairy free for a few days. Nothing was helping. I felt like I was taking more and more pills so I stopped everything. And then things got better. I added back nexium ,that is ok. I suspect the probiotics. Can that be possible? Was taking culturelle and acidophilous. I was to the point with bloating that I couldn't even sleep. Since I stopped taking them that is so much better. I know that can be a common reaction in the first few days of starting probiotics but was on them about 3 weeks. Tried dairy again today and did fine. Could this be? What should I do??

Ads by Google:

I started taking Raw women's multivitamin, it has probiotics in it. I havent had a problem with them.

When first diagnosed, I tried probiotic and it did not settle with me well.

My pro biotics had dairy. I stopped it for a month and found one which did not contain dairy and continued with no issue.

I assume you have checked you meds. Even generics change frequently.

But, as we all know, not all roads lead to gluten. ;)

When first diagnosed, I tried probiotic and it did not settle with me well.

My pro biotics had dairy. I stopped it for a month and found one which did not contain dairy and continued with no issue.

I assume you have checked you meds. Even generics change frequently.

But, as we all know, not all roads lead to gluten. ;)

I started using align. Started having setbacks about the same time with no change in diet. I quit eating gluten March 12 2012 so still fairly new to this. I have most of the GI problems which are taking longer to improve on than I had hoped.

I had to switch to a 'vegan formula' one because I was getting dairy symptoms from regular ones.

So I use the green-topped PB8 from WhFds. Blue top is regular.

What brand of probiotics was it? Could there be cc problems?

If that's for me it was multiple brands & my dairy symptoms are easily distinguishable from gluten symptoms.

Is your diet high in sugars or the processed gluten-free subs? This will "feed" the bad bacteria that the probiotics are trying to get rid of which will make a little "war" in your digestive system.

Don't eat a lot of sugar unless you count natural sugars as in fruit. I eat the occasional schar chibata roll. None this week even. I don't like most of the gluten-free subs and never liked sweets. See the doc next week I'm hoping we can figure something out.

So as some of you know I have been having trouble again after 2 years gluten free, but had got cc'd several times in a row. So started (after this big flare up) on probiotics and back on nexium and then later gastric enzymes. So then I was still having problems so tried grain and dairy free for a few days. Nothing was helping. I felt like I was taking more and more pills so I stopped everything. And then things got better. I added back nexium ,that is ok. I suspect the probiotics. Can that be possible? Was taking culturelle and acidophilous. I was to the point with bloating that I couldn't even sleep. Since I stopped taking them that is so much better. I know that can be a common reaction in the first few days of starting probiotics but was on them about 3 weeks. Tried dairy again today and did fine. Could this be? What should I do??

I cannot take probiotics with FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides) in them, I get a lot of gut pain.