Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Peanut Butter

13 posts in this topic

I had a tbsp of Skippy Natural Peanut Butter. I have slight heartburn now. Does it bother anybody else?

Ads by Google:

First let me say that I don't have Celiac Disease . . .

If I eat too much peanut butter or if I don't eat it WITH something, it gives me heart burn.

I had a few gluten free crackers and peanut butter.

I had been eating organic peanut butter on rice cakes & it didn't bother me. I quit only b/c peanuts are high in salicylates & I needed to go low sal. So now, I have either cashew butter or sunflower seed butter on my rice cake & still have no problem.

Was it a new jar? What cracker did you have?

Glutinos Table crackers. It was an old jar. Probably glutened.

Possible that someone in your home double dipped? And in the beginning, many foods can bother us, regardless of their gluten free status, until some healing can take place.

I don't have a reaction to Skippy brand, I buy the natual super chunk style. I like that brand because the peanut butter doesn't separate and have to be stirred like most of the other "natural" brands that don't have additives.

Could the heartburn be from anything else you ate today or last night? Heartburn isn't one of my issues, but I'm pretty sensitive and Skippy on apples, bananas or a rice cake is breakfast or a snack a couple of times a week. One of the difficult things in figuring out what bothers you is the delayed reaction. Mine usually occur anywhere from 22-24 hour later, but I've had a couple of instances when it was only 1/2 hour later. It can be confounding! Good luck, hope you feel better! :)

I don't have a reaction to Skippy brand, I buy the natual super chunk style. I like that brand because the peanut butter doesn't separate and have to be stirred like most of the other "natural" brands that don't have additives.

O

Could the heartburn be from anything else you ate today or last night? Heartburn isn't one of my issues, but I'm pretty sensitive and Skippy on apples, bananas or a rice cake is breakfast or a snack a couple of times a week. One of the difficult things in figuring out what bothers you is the delayed reaction. Mine usually occur anywhere from 22-24 hour later, but I've had a couple of instances when it was only 1/2 hour later. It can be confounding! Good luck, hope you feel better! :)

I had grits last night. I don't have much of an appetite. I had Cinnamon Rice Chex and lactose free yogurt for breakfast, spinach and eggs for lunch...

If it was an old jar used for gluten foods, you should not be using it. It is likely not gluten-free anymore because of crumbs.

You might not ever know. But, it might be a good idea to keep a food journal. It's makes it easier to identify an issue.

It's easy to equate all our issues to gluten.

And I think your symptom was heartburn. Some foods did not agree with me before I had Celiac symptoms. It could happen with many things to include an unhealed gut.

I get heartburn once in a while after eating peanut butter... I eat it with apples or my gluten-free pretzels...

I had a tbsp of Skippy Natural Peanut Butter. I have slight heartburn now. Does it bother anybody else?

Peanut Butter doesn't bother me at all. Thank God! Gluten-free pepperoni gives me heartburn sometimes.