Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Mking Tracks For Celiacs

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

Only 2 more weeks until the Baltimore Making Tracks for Celiacs 5K & 10K race and Gluten-Free Vendor Fair on Sunday, May 20th! Register by May 7th to be guaranteed a performance T-shirt and reduced registration fee. After May 7th, registration prices go up and no guarantee on a T-shirt (it will be first come first serve at the day of the race). You can register as an individual, join a team or just make donation. It's easy to set up and personalize your own fundraising team page. Team donations and pledges are what propel the Center for Celiac Research towards achieving its goals.

DON'T FORGET we have a new location this year: UMBC (University of Maryland Baltimore County), University Center building, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250. Click here to view the 5K and 10K course map. The 10K race will loop around UMBC campus twice. Water will be available at certain locations on the course. Also new this year is chipped timing.

Registration will begin at 8am, 5K and 10K races start at 9am, and the Gluten-Free Vendor Fair opens at 9am. Registration, the Vendor Fair and post-event activities will take place at the University Center, 3rd floor ballroom. There will be free parking in the Administration Garage and Stadium Lot. (Please see the UMBC website for campus maps.) For directions to UMBC, visit the Baltimore page on www.celiacwalk.org.

If you can't participate in the 5K or 10K race but still want to be a part of the event and support the Center, we now offer registration solely for the Gluten-Free Vendor Fair. And if you register before May 7th, you are guaranteed a performance T-shirt. Fees are $30 for ages 13 & up and $15 for under 13. There will be gluten-free refreshments available to sample and to purchase at the Vendor Fair. We already have 45 vendors signed up and more to come, including some new gluten-free companies!

Other amenities include a silent auction with items such as a Joe Flacco autographed football, restaurant gift cards, movie passes, gift baskets and much more. There will be children's activities, awards & metals for winning participants, and a raffle. Get a free raffle ticket for each $100 of fundraising (not including registration fee) received by May 20th; matching gifts double your fundraising!

To register for the 5K walk/run, 10K run or Gluten-Free Vendor Fair, visit www.celiacwalk.org. Register by May 7th (only 5 days left!) and you are guaranteed a performance T-shirt. Those that register after May 7th and on the day of the race are not guaranteed a T-shirt.

We'd love to see a bigger turnout this year so get everyone you know to come out and join us!! This event supports the Center for Celiac Research in a major way and we count on it for crucial research funds for the year. Many thanks to everyone who has participated in the past and we hope to have your continued support for this year!

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday, May 20, 2012!! Any questions, email celiaccenter@peds.umaryland.edu or celiacwalk@yahoo.com.

Mailing Address:
Center for Celiac Research
20 Penn Street
Room S303B
Baltimore, MD 21201
US

Contact Name: Pam King
Telephone Number: (410) 706-8021<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"> <br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Christine0125

Christine0125

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

I'm signed up! It will be my first 5K since before my daughter was born (she's 8 1/2) now. So excited for the race and the vendor fair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: