1 reply to this topic

#1 LadyPN

LadyPN

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

I am new here. I have a Peripheral Neuropathy. I was tested for IGg/IGa Gliadin Antibodies and Transglutaminase. However, the laboratory substituted the test to "deaminated" Gliadin. My doctor said that it should not have been substituted with "deaminated" because I have neurological symptoms. The doctor explained to me that sometimes, some can be negative but still be gluten intolerant. The best thing to do,he advised, is to experiment gluten free diet. This is where I am now - strictly following gluten free diet.

I am taking calcium . I inquired from the Customer Representative of the product and I was told that they are not using any ingredients with gluten, however, they buy their ingredients from different sources. Therefore, they could not guarantee that their ingredients are free from contamination either in the facility of their suppliers or during transport.

I need to take calcium supplement. Please advise me if I can post the brand, so the answer to my question can be more specific.

Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,123 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Since your actual question is about a product, I moved it to that section. You might want to post the whole first paragraph in the pre- diagnosis/ test section. I think that would help.

Sure, you can name the brand of a product.

The response you got is a pretty typical CYA ( cover your A$$) legal statement. They don't use any gluten ingredients or know of any reason to think there is gluten in it. They just don't test for gluten with an official gluten test. I would use the product.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: