2 replies to this topic

#1 Ginsou

Ginsou

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

While browsing today I discovered a wonderful website that has tons of allergy friendly cost cutting recipes. I'm gluten, soy, lactose, intolerant and have been purchasing So Delicious coconut milk and both my husband and I have been drinking it quite often. A few days ago I gagged at the price of about $5.49 a half gallon and decided that was the last time I would purchase it. I made some rice milk that was just ok....it was a bit thin and I will add less water the next time I make it. I found a coconut milk recipe on this website and noticed a slew of wonderful do-it-yourself allergy free recipes. The website is allergy free recipes

This is the first time I have inserted a link, so I will check after posting this to see if it works correctly!

Yes, it works!Click on recipes.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 missmellie

missmellie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

While browsing today I discovered a wonderful website that has tons of allergy friendly cost cutting recipes. I'm gluten, soy, lactose, intolerant and have been purchasing So Delicious coconut milk and both my husband and I have been drinking it quite often. A few days ago I gagged at the price of about $5.49 a half gallon and decided that was the last time I would purchase it. I made some rice milk that was just ok....it was a bit thin and I will add less water the next time I make it. I found a coconut milk recipe on this website and noticed a slew of wonderful do-it-yourself allergy free recipes. The website is allergy free recipes

This is the first time I have inserted a link, so I will check after posting this to see if it works correctly!

Yes, it works!Click on recipes.

Thank you for sharing this link. I, too, have multiple allergies/intolerances and I am always interested in recipes that give the cook safe options while presenting new ideas and good taste.

Miss Mellie

Aug. 2010 IgA+ Gliadin; IgA+ Casein; IgA+ Egg; IgA+ Soy.
Sept. 2010 IgG+ for cow's milk, peach, yeast, chili pepper, egg white & yolk, lentil, soy, cola nut, coriander/cumin/dill, nutmeg/peppercorn, sesame seed, turkey, and wheat

Hypothyroidism, arthritis, GERD, overweight, chronic sleeping issues

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

Try this site blender Girl. . She compiles recipes every week from other places. She has a lot of Vegan so they would be dairy free. You could see if you like any of the sites she links to. I made the " Megan Lust vegan pizza buns". I used eggs and real cheese but the original recipe is completely vegan using " flax eggs". They were good. M ate the two left- overs for lunch with extra cheese on top!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: