23 replies to this topic

#16 Cara in Boston

Cara in Boston

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Sounds like you are graduating soon - you will be pleasantly surprised how life changes after high school and how much it really doesn't matter if your were one of the "popular" kids or not. Hang in there.

Cara

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

I'm not annoyed with you. I'd like to slap the adults who are supposed to be supervising those little twits, though.

And as far as the little twits go - they'd be scrubbing the toilets with their toothbrush if it was up to me.

But alas, it's not.

I hope since you graduate you are able to leave the youth group and move into an adult group - where mark my words - someone will deal with The Twits. Most adults won't put up with that. I wouldn't. If someone was that rude in any group I was in (I don't care who they directed it at) I'd bet my bottom dollar they'd never do it in my presence again. The Twits need a good dose of public humiliation. Shouldn't be difficult since they sound rather stupid.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#18 Ninja

Ninja

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

I'm not annoyed with you either! In fact, I admire your resiliency. :) I just wish you didn't have to deal with them – they seem like complete idiots! I'd like to slap some sense into some of them... :blink:

Hugs,
~Laura

Gluten Free 2/12 

Let the soul speak with the silent articulation of a face

~Rumi

#19 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

You can always vent on here.. Many are just trying to tell you its not your problem (celiac) it is this group of Christian youth that have not grown up yet...

You did mention you are home-schooled ...are the ones who are being rude in public school? If so, that may be a reason they pick at you...
And I really don't get any of this bullying from a church youth group--- don't adults members from this church address issues of bullying, bad behavior with their kids??? Just doesn't fit in with church, A loving God, doing unto others as you would want them to treat you..

kindness& respect to another human, none of these actions you have been telling us is God-like....

I know you love your church but I can tell you my kids would not be in a church like that where the laws of God are not followed..

Take your two friends& find a new place to worship that understands Living the word of God...

So that is my vent!!!!

#20 Victoria6102

Victoria6102

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

Thanks everyone :)

The kids treating me this way are some homeschooled, some public schooled and some Christian schooled. I've been to many churches and find that kids everywhere are mean, and like you said, need to grow up! I know for the rest of my life I will be dealing with people like them, wherever I am. Guess yout all Right and i need ti learn to deal with it. Our church teaches how to live Christ-like and many at my church follow that. These kids just have chosen to be rebellious and no doubt will always be rude. Thanks for the concern about my church...:) but my problem is knowing how to deal with people's rude behavior, which I know will always be everywhere. I tend to back off and not stand up for myself when rude comments are made. Just how I am . Guess I gotta handle things better, maybe this is all my fault! :P

#21 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Thanks everyone :)

The kids treating me this way are some homeschooled, some public schooled and some Christian schooled. I've been to many churches and find that kids everywhere are mean, and like you said, need to grow up! I know for the rest of my life I will be dealing with people like them, wherever I am. Guess yout all Right and i need ti learn to deal with it. Our church teaches how to live Christ-like and many at my church follow that. These kids just have chosen to be rebellious and no doubt will always be rude. Thanks for the concern about my church...:) but my problem is knowing how to deal with people's rude behavior, which I know will always be everywhere. I tend to back off and not stand up for myself when rude comments are made. Just how I am . Guess I gotta handle things better, maybe this is all my fault! :P

It's not your fault. Jerks/Twits, etc. are not your fault. It's their parents' fault. And the youth group counselors' fault.

But you are going to have to learn to deal with people of all personality types. And you'll be happier if you learn to tell people like The Twits to go fly a kite.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#22 Ninja

Ninja

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

It can be really hard to stand up for yourself you almost just need to bite the bullet. Come up with something you will say, don't argue with them after you've said it and decide one day to try it. Just once... and then treat yourself to something. :) I think you will find that standing up for yourself becomes easier the more you do it the feeling of empowerment is like none-other.

~Laura

Gluten Free 2/12 

Let the soul speak with the silent articulation of a face

~Rumi

#23 Victoria6102

Victoria6102

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

I hate confrontation do I think that's why I don't stand up for myself. I did this time about the sticker..just the principle of someone wanting me to put a sticker on my head that describes the kind of food I have to eat, because I have a disease, just so they can laugh at me. Thanks for the advice Aerial. And yes, they def are twits lol

#24 cavernio

cavernio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

They sound like a bunch of wheat-heads.

hahahahahaaa, I'm gonna start using that with my bf when we talk about people and how annoying/dumb they can be
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: