Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

May Is Celiac Awareness Month

5 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if you all know about this (I didn't until Twitter exploded about it a couple weeks ago!) but May is Celiac Awareness Month. We get our own month :D

The NFCA has some more info about it here: http://www.celiaccentral.org/awarenessmonth/

Ads by Google:

Interesting :-) My birthday's in May!!!

What can we do to raise awareness?

I've been contacting news stations and papers suggesting it as a feature. Talk to more people about it. Start a blog and share your story with the interwebs. Or just continue to be an awesome support community :)

A local chain of stores which keeps dieticians on staff is having a series of events to educate people, including cooking and baking classes. On top of that they're having month long sales on all sorts of goodies. I know where I'll be shopping all month! I'll get to try so many things I've thought of trying but just been too cheap to bother with out of fear of spending so much money on something that sucks.

A local chain of stores which keeps dieticians on staff is having a series of events to educate people, including cooking and baking classes. On top of that they're having month long sales on all sorts of goodies. I know where I'll be shopping all month! I'll get to try so many things I've thought of trying but just been too cheap to bother with out of fear of spending so much money on something that sucks.

Some of the online experts are hosting a 10 day gluten free blog hop with neat giveaways.

http://blog.julesglutenfree.com/2012/05/converting-recipes-to-gluten-free/