This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Could Use Some Positive Words....

upwitht21

upwitht21 Rookie

I'm so down in the dumbs right now about getting pregnant again. After over 2 years of trying with fertility meds I went gluten free after a very positive blood test for celiacs in November. Got pregnant in January and miscarried in march.

This is our second month trying and I just feel so negative about it. I feel like I missed my chance and I know I didn't do anything wrong but.....well you know how the what if game is.

And I'm so sick of hearing well everything happens for a reason or quit trying and it will happen.....I know people don't know what to say and I try to not get upset but it's not comforting lol.

I don't know if we continue trying or if I except the fact that this is just the way god wants it. I was just starting to feel closure with the whole thing when that stupid test had to have 2 lines. Sigh!

If anyone has any advice or motivational stories Im all ears....well eyes.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Di2011 Enthusiast

I feel in love this week.

I've had a long 12 months with head to toe DH. It is far from pretty. I was at work looked up at the next customer in the line and literally my heart and brain told me I was going to marry this man. He is tall, strong gentleman straight from some Polish cavalry movie. On our second date he told me that it was a shame about my skin because what is inside is so beautiful. As a single mum of 39year (and he is old enough to be my father) I feel like I'm in Hollywood. In my wildest imagination I never dreamed it could be so.

My gut tells that your time will come.

mushroom Proficient

You are still healing right now. Your body probably realized it was not yet ready to produce a new life. Give it a chance to fully heal and give yourself a chance to produce a healthy baby. Both important goals. After 6 months you just might be ready. Take all the right vitamin supplements and be patient - it will happen :)

rosetapper23 Explorer

I, too, felt your sadness once. I lost a baby to miscarriage, and then I cried for two years because I suffered from infertility. I didn't realize that I had celiac disease. Finally, I took Clomid to get pregnant, and luckily was able to become pregnant the very first month and carry my daughter until she was full term. However, a year later when I became pregnant again, I miscarried once more. A year later I did give birth to a healthy, full-term son, but three years later I again miscarried.

You have a much better chance than I did of carrying a baby to full term. You know that you have celiac, so please believe me when I say that you will get a chance again to carry a baby. When your body is ready, all will be well. Good luck to you!

upwitht21 Rookie

I have no reason to wait 6 months to try again, I'm very healthy and on a super controlled diet. Working from home makes life much easier and we have a completely gluten free home. I feel so much better and my body is healing very rapidly.

Just wish I knew what I was suppose to do and getting pregnant isnt something we can just let happen. My husband has a bad back and has had multiple surgeries in the last 5 years. Feel like so much pressure on that end.

Ahhhh!!!! That's how I feel right now.

mushroom Proficient

I have no reason to wait 6 months to try again,

I was not suggesting a further six months :o - I meant it has now been six months.....:)

upwitht21 Rookie

I was worried for a second lol! I've waiting so long already =(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JillianLindsay Enthusiast

Have you had all of your vitamin levels checked to ensure you have no deficiencies?

I had a missed miscarriage (sometimes called a "chemical" pregnancy) in January, and I was already gluten-free for over four years when we started trying. It took us 6 months to have a successful pregnancy (I'm 3 1/2 months now) and I was completely healthy at the time too. Even though you may feel completely healthy and be on a completely gluten-free diet, it still takes time for your body to heal and adjust to the new diet. 2 months is not very long (even though it feels like an eternity!).

I asked the same questions "what's wrong with me?" "what are we doing wrong?" but really there's usually no trick or reason, it just takes time, even though that's the last thing any of us wants to hear while trying! I just took my pre-natal vitamins & vitamin D, ate healthy & gluten-free, and we got our timing right.

Have you visited Open Original Shared Link ? It's a website based on a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It sometimes causes women to obsess even more with charting, the forums, etc., but for some it is very helpful information and helps you feel more in control of the process. Just try not to get too carried away with obsessing (like many of us did!) - I really don't think there was anything different we did the month it worked, it just worked.

Good luck!

I have no reason to wait 6 months to try again, I'm very healthy and on a super controlled diet. Working from home makes life much easier and we have a completely gluten free home. I feel so much better and my body is healing very rapidly.

Just wish I knew what I was suppose to do and getting pregnant isnt something we can just let happen. My husband has a bad back and has had multiple surgeries in the last 5 years. Feel like so much pressure on that end.

Ahhhh!!!! That's how I feel right now.

upwitht21 Rookie

Yep I've had everything tested and my vitamin levels looked great!

My doctor thinks either my progesterone levels weren't high enough or there was something wrong with the baby. It all happened very fast....ultrasound on Monday showed a heartbeat, woke up Wednesday went to the bathroom and passed all the tissue felt great by Sunday. Left my head spinning for awhile.

I'm just hoping it doesn't take another 2 years to get pregnant, I dont have that long to wait.

GladGirl Rookie

Something that has helped so many of my friends who were "trying"...and my own daughters; advice from a Dr. of mine, said simply, "concentrate on every other day"...lol! In other words about a week or week and a half after your last period, you should be the most fertile...then you and your hubby should "have fun" every other day...I have to tell you, a friend of mine tried for 7 years, and then listened to this advice, and voila...her daughter was on her way! Two of my daughters were where you are...of course I had told them this advice I received from a Dr. long ago, guess they both listened, or finally "got it"! My oldest who is now 38 just gave birth to twins! She waited so long...and now here they are! My youngest had a little boy a year ago,she is 30. There is hope, I pray you will indeed be a Mommy soon! :)

Archived