2 replies to this topic

#1 Mnicole1981

Mnicole1981

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

Last night, I attempted to eat some Green Giant french style green beans, and just couldn't eat them. Possible glutenining? I have to eat gluten right now anyway but I have gas and my belly is rumbling. They did not say gluten free...
gluten-gree as of May 9, 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

They did not say gluten free...

General Mills, who own the Green Giant brand, will clearly disclose any gluten ingredient by naming the source grain on the label. But they only state "gluten-free" on a very small subset of their products which they actually test.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 missy'smom

missy'smom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

Canned foods can contain things in the lining and sealing of the cans that can be irritants. Those who are severely latex allergic report that some cans contain latex(natural rubber). I rarely eat canned goods but had some super cheapo canned green beans a few months back and had burning mouth :( I am latex allergic. I didn't call the MFR. to confirm that's what it was. I am NOT allergic to green beans. I've been tested and eat fresh ones all the time with no problem.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: