Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Fish Sauce

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering if fish sauce is gluten free. If not, does anyone know if a good gluten free pad thai place near Princeton, NJ? Or a good like frozen dinner pad thai that is gluten free?

Ads by Google:

All fish sauce I've seen (in a grocery store) is gluten-free. But you always have to ask!!!

Never found a fish sauce with gluten.

richard

I was wondering if fish sauce is gluten free. If not, does anyone know if a good gluten free pad thai place near Princeton, NJ? Or a good like frozen dinner pad thai that is gluten free?

Pad Thai holds another risk than the fish sauce.

It might contain soy-sauce. Although this seems to be a debatable product.

Some claim to have reactions to it, but I never had any to the soy-sauce while in Thailand.

If you have DH, the fish sauce may contribute to a rash though, as it is rich in iodine.

"A frozen dinner Pad Thai" ?? That is very non-Thai.

The beauty of Thai food is, that it is supposed to be fresh and shortly cooked.

It is so easy to make, why go for a ready-made solution? Many recipes on the net available.

Actually, Pad Thai is the most famous Thai dish outside Thailand, you don't see Thai people eating it a lot in Thailand itself.

When they eat noodles, kweh-tee-ao (noodle soup) is their first choice.

But for those traveling to Thailand, stay away from it:

1) all type of noodles (wheat/rice/glass) are heated in the same soup before serving (cross contamination).

2) the broth may contain gluten, if they use the in Thailand number 1 favorite brand, Unilever's Ka-noh (Knorr)

(so far the company refused to comment on any questions/remarks why they use a European recipe and not a more Thai traditional recipe for their cubes there. I find it rather ridiculous that the cubes need the more expensive and rare wheat in them for the Thai market).