Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Domino's "Gluten Free" Crust

150 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

I signed the petition! Thanks for the link!

I just posted the anti-Amber NFCA petition on Domino's Facebook page...let's see how long it lasts...post-2-0-07790900-1337202892_thumb.jpg

I just posted the anti-Amber NFCA petition on Domino's Facebook page...let's see how long it lasts...post-2-0-07790900-1337202892_thumb.jpg

I get the message, [#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Mine was booted long ago. (Me too Sylvia). I got back into this thread to find the link.

I think they ought to call their pizza low-gluten, but not gluten free. There are lots of people now trying the gluten-free diet, for many reasons besides celiac. People with Crohn's, diabetes, or other autoimmune disease for instance, and also people who just like the idea of eating a healthier diet. For them a low-gluten pizza would possibly make sense. For us it is a total no go and doesn't seem, to meet the spirit of the term gluten free, so shouldn't be called that. But low-gluten seems ok to me. I don't see how they can call it gluten free if they don't test it after making it in their kitchen though.

I think they ought to call their pizza low-gluten, but not gluten free. There are lots of people now trying the gluten-free diet, for many reasons besides celiac. People with Crohn's, diabetes, or other autoimmune disease for instance, and also people who just like the idea of eating a healthier diet. For them a low-gluten pizza would possibly make sense. For us it is a total no go and doesn't seem, to meet the spirit of the term gluten free, so shouldn't be called that. But low-gluten seems ok to me. I don't see how they can call it gluten free if they don't test it after making it in their kitchen though.

GREAT Idea! :D

My husband just told me how much these things cost. All of a sudden I was excited about staying in my kitchen cooking my own. We also have a little family run business by the church that doesn't require a second mortgage to eat there.

The staff of GIG was against it. I recieved something about an insignia that went with this gluten-free pizza that they at GIG were against. I had trouble following it. Maybe this letter is on their web site.

The staff of GIG was against it. I recieved something about an insignia that went with this gluten-free pizza that they at GIG were against. I had trouble following it. Maybe this letter is on their web site.

It's called an amber seal and Kareng posted it on the previous page.

Is anyone else having an issue viewing the attached image?

post-2-0-07790900-1337202892_thumb.jpg

Scott

I get the message, [#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Is anyone else having an issue viewing the attached image?

post-2-0-07790900-1337202892_thumb.jpg

Scott

Yes.

Yes.

Me too

Me too, same message.

Yes, I DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION :ph34r:

It's not possible to please everyone - I order a pizza without tomato sauce :lol:

Now, that pizza I would feel safe giving her. I like the disposable cutter and bake in a bag idea.

Yeah!

"The North American Society for the Study of Celiac Disease (NASSCD) today announced a call for all restaurants and food manufacturers to properly label gluten-free products to avoid confusion that has the potential to threaten the health of people with celiac disease."

http://glutenfreeville.com/research/amberditched. ( to read more of the article)

"Thanks to an organized gluten free community and initiative led by 1 in 133 founders Jules Shepard and John Forberger