• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Here is my post on NFCA's Facebook page just now:
Attached File  nfca_comment.jpg   119.19KB   2 downloads

When I tried to view I got this:

[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#78 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

I got the same message. I have screen shots of my two comments but have no clue how to post them (they're saved on my desktop for now). Would we have to upload them to photo bucket or one of those sites?
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#79 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

I got the same message. I have screen shots of my two comments but have no clue how to post them (they're saved on my desktop for now). Would we have to upload them to photo bucket or one of those sites?

I don't know! :blink: I don't know how to screen print. I have no key for that, so I suppose I need to know the magic incantation for it?

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#80 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

I don't know! :blink: I don't know how to screen print. I have no key for that, so I suppose I need to know the magic incantation for it?

Hold down the ALT button and press Print Screen (which is above the numeric thingie on my keyboard. Then I took it into a graphics program and right clicked "Paste as New Image". I happen to use Paint Shop Pro. Sorry, I have a feeling this is clear as mud. Posted Image
Sylvia

#81 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

I just posted this on Domino's Facebook page:

I believe you are misusing the term "gluten-free" in a way that could lead to those with celiac disease being injured. Are you aware that McDonald's was sued for less, and that it nearly became a class action lawsuit against them? Read more at:http://www.celiac.co...eful/Page1.htmlDomino's Pizza Now Offers "Almost" Gluten-Free Pizza (So Be Careful!) - Celiac.comwww.celiac.comI have a big issue with what I believe to be a misleading headline in a recent j...See More

Attached File  dominos_facebook_post.jpg   87.82KB   0 downloads

Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

#82 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

I just posted this on Domino's Facebook page:

Attached File  dominos_facebook_post.jpg   87.82KB   0 downloads

I got the same board message as Karen and I did previously
Sylvia

#83 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

Ok, I hope this works for you, but follow these steps:
  • After you hit print screen or Function & Print Screen, you need to open up a photo editor like photoshop, then open a new file and hit Control V or paste (the image is saved on your clipboard). You should then be able to save it to your local computer, and remember the location you save it to.
  • Click "use the full editor" button to add the it to a post here.
  • Click "Choose File" then "Attach This File"
  • Then you will see that it was uploaded just below the text box, and click "Add to Post"

Scott Adams
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

#84 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

me too. Won't let me read it. :(

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#85 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

I just saw some post that people were writing on Domino's FB wall. They are very interesting.

Even people with celiac disease are trying this new pizza and are happy with it because nothing happened to them after eating it.

Currently they have 121 post.

#86 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

I just saw some post that people were writing on Domino's FB wall. They are very interesting.

Even people with celiac disease are trying this new pizza and are happy with it because nothing happened to them after eating it.

Currently they have 121 post.

Just waaaaaiiiitttt......

I saw one post where an NCGI ate it and got sick.

Give it a few weeks.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#87 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

someone on that FB page wrote:

" I didn't know that symptoms of Celiac's disease included being extra complainy"

(it's gone now)

You ass hat.

A woman who says she has celiac disease said: "I can eat small amounts and not notice anything, so this is great".

:blink:

One more: " To all those people saying "What's the point?", not everyone who is gluten sensitive has Celiac disease. Like me, I can't eat gluten, or I will get sick, so this is perfect for me! "

Whaaa?? Idiots.

here's the deal:

People will eat it.

People will get sick.

so be it.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#88 Kelleybean

Kelleybean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

OK I've got to defend Domino's (at least a little). My son is not celiac, he is on a gluten-free diet for his autism. We have discovered that he can handle limited amounts of gluten, so we don't worry excessively about CC. We see behavior changes when he gets a lot of it (i.e. several meals or days in a row) but can do the occasional birthday cake or grilled cheese sandwich with no problem. So in theory, this would be a way that he could have pizza from a restaurant and still "keep his gluten down."

I definitely understand what you all are saying, particularly the concerns of people with Celiac who see the words "gluten free" and assume that it's safe. I think there is a market for what Domino's is doing, but I can't imagine that my son's situation is all that common.

#89 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

OK I've got to defend Domino's (at least a little). My son is not celiac, he is on a gluten-free diet for his autism. We have discovered that he can handle limited amounts of gluten, so we don't worry excessively about CC. We see behavior changes when he gets a lot of it (i.e. several meals or days in a row) but can do the occasional birthday cake or grilled cheese sandwich with no problem. So in theory, this would be a way that he could have pizza from a restaurant and still "keep his gluten down."

I definitely understand what you all are saying, particularly the concerns of people with Celiac who see the words "gluten free" and assume that it's safe. I think there is a market for what Domino's is doing, but I can't imagine that my son's situation is all that common.

That's fine if they call it something other than gluten free and it is not endorsed by any celiac organization.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#90 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Kelly, I agree!

But there is a small pocket of people who will benefit, as your family. For those with a limited gluten sensitivity, this is good news. I mention this in my first post here.

And it will get the fad-gluten-free-dieters.

I think it's the marketing ploy that is disturbing most of us, as mushroom indicated.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: