5 replies to this topic

#1 Mnicole1981

Mnicole1981

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

It is horrible that in order to be tested and checked for something, you have to be subjected to one of your symptoms for hours! My chest is on fire from this colonoscopy prep. The solution make me want to vomit. This is awful.
gluten-gree as of May 9, 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

It is horrible that in order to be tested and checked for something, you have to be subjected to one of your symptoms for hours! My chest is on fire from this colonoscopy prep. The solution make me want to vomit. This is awful.

Aw...that's the worst part of it, trust me! The test is a piece of cake. This too will pass! :rolleyes:
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Aw...that's the worst part of it, trust me! The test is a piece of cake. This too will pass! :rolleyes:

Been there, done that, three times. The prep absolutely sucks, but the actual procedure is no big deal. Hang in there.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

I kept throwing the prep up, i couldn't take it at all. I had to go buy magnesium citrate and put it in a glass with ice and drink that which worked.

#5 KendraAnn

KendraAnn

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

My Doctor prescribed Osmoprep Tablets for me to take. You take 20 pills with ginger ale the night before...4 pills every 15 minutes. The morning of the colonoscopy, you take 8 more tablets. Obviously we all know what the prep is like but I was extremely happy with the pills and not having to drink that nasty drink. :)
2002- Shingles resulted in chronic headaches, depression, IBS, GERD, allergies, etc. for years
2012- Positive biopsy followed by negative blood test
4/28/12- Gluten Free

#6 trayne91

trayne91

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

I got Miralax powder to put in Gatorade. It was actually tasteless and good. I was so thirsty anyway from being hungry. However, before I started that I was to take 4 Dulcolax and 1.5 hours I took them I got super bad cramps and threw them up in the bathroom for 15 minutes. I was scared to drink the solution after that, but the the solution went down fine. It was the Dulcolax overdose that was the worst for me. :( But, it's over for me now. Thank goodness. I don't remember a thing about the test. I was out like a light and woke up in my room. I thought I was awake like 5 minutes, but they were sending me home last I can remember. Guess, I was in my room for an hour. :)

Tracy

Gluten-free 5/14/12. Elevated TTG IGA 4/12
Positive biopsy (flat folds and elevated Intraepithelial lymphocytes) 5/9/12
Results delivered 5/14/12
Migraines, swelling, bloating, asthma, tingling in legs, anxiety, fatigue, etc...
Low Vitamin D 17. Three years of 1000 IUs of D3 a day, now up to 36 (30 normal)
Hysterectomy 1/2010
WPW Syndrome - Diagnosed at 17. Ablation 9/2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: