Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Colonscopy Prep

6 posts in this topic

It is horrible that in order to be tested and checked for something, you have to be subjected to one of your symptoms for hours! My chest is on fire from this colonoscopy prep. The solution make me want to vomit. This is awful.

Ads by Google:

It is horrible that in order to be tested and checked for something, you have to be subjected to one of your symptoms for hours! My chest is on fire from this colonoscopy prep. The solution make me want to vomit. This is awful.

Aw...that's the worst part of it, trust me! The test is a piece of cake. This too will pass! :rolleyes:

Aw...that's the worst part of it, trust me! The test is a piece of cake. This too will pass! :rolleyes:

Been there, done that, three times. The prep absolutely sucks, but the actual procedure is no big deal. Hang in there.

I kept throwing the prep up, i couldn't take it at all. I had to go buy magnesium citrate and put it in a glass with ice and drink that which worked.

My Doctor prescribed Osmoprep Tablets for me to take. You take 20 pills with ginger ale the night before...4 pills every 15 minutes. The morning of the colonoscopy, you take 8 more tablets. Obviously we all know what the prep is like but I was extremely happy with the pills and not having to drink that nasty drink. :)

I got Miralax powder to put in Gatorade. It was actually tasteless and good. I was so thirsty anyway from being hungry. However, before I started that I was to take 4 Dulcolax and 1.5 hours I took them I got super bad cramps and threw them up in the bathroom for 15 minutes. I was scared to drink the solution after that, but the the solution went down fine. It was the Dulcolax overdose that was the worst for me. :( But, it's over for me now. Thank goodness. I don't remember a thing about the test. I was out like a light and woke up in my room. I thought I was awake like 5 minutes, but they were sending me home last I can remember. Guess, I was in my room for an hour. :)