#1 lalla

lalla

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

I am new to this forum.
I have been diagnosed with Celiac for 5 years after so many tests...I also have DH.
I am following my diet 100%
Two years ago I realized that I cannot tolerate milk and soy, so I cut all milk/soy products. I went to get tested and it came out negative. I stayed on my diet (Gluten/Milk/Soy)because I was scared to go back to milk and soy...I felt better for some time (7 months or so). Now, again I started getting reactions.

My symptoms now: (I had the same symptoms before I was diagnosed with Celiac but they were severe)
-Brain fog (Major symptom!!! I cannot concentrate while working... I forget everything and if I have a meeting I forget what is it for...)
-Mood Problem!! I just feel angry all the time and don't want to talk to anybody. I just want to be on my own. I also feel like nobody is understanding what I am going through and makes more upset...
-Breakout (Face & chest)
-Itching my thighs ( I start itching until it bleeds -Gross!- it also leaves marks)
-Bloating
-The roof of my mouth gets very soar.
-My period is a week or more late every month.

I have just started taking B-complex sup, Calcium sup, probiotics.

I am just confused with my symptoms...
I also want to go to some Dr who really knows about Celiac ... because most of the Drs I go to they just tell me follow your diet and you will feel better! They don't try to find out why I am still having those symptoms even though I am cutting so many foods...Please tell me if you know any Dr in the Area of New York or New Jersey.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

I am new to this forum.
I have been diagnosed with Celiac for 5 years after so many tests...I also have DH.
I am following my diet 100%
Two years ago I realized that I cannot tolerate milk and soy, so I cut all milk/soy products. I went to get tested and it came out negative. I stayed on my diet (Gluten/Milk/Soy)because I was scared to go back to milk and soy...I felt better for some time (7 months or so). Now, again I started getting reactions.

My symptoms now: (I had the same symptoms before I was diagnosed with Celiac but they were severe)
-Brain fog (Major symptom!!! I cannot concentrate while working... I forget everything and if I have a meeting I forget what is it for...)
-Mood Problem!! I just feel angry all the time and don't want to talk to anybody. I just want to be on my own. I also feel like nobody is understanding what I am going through and makes more upset...
-Breakout (Face & chest)
-Itching my thighs ( I start itching until it bleeds -Gross!- it also leaves marks)
-Bloating
-The roof of my mouth gets very soar.
-My period is a week or more late every month.

I have just started taking B-complex sup, Calcium sup, probiotics.

I am just confused with my symptoms...
I also want to go to some Dr who really knows about Celiac ... because most of the Drs I go to they just tell me follow your diet and you will feel better! They don't try to find out why I am still having those symptoms even though I am cutting so many foods...Please tell me if you know any Dr in the Area of New York or New Jersey.

It sounds like you might have another intolerance? Keep a log of everything you eat, along with any symptoms. Many food reactions are delayed, so a log lets you look back and see if there are patterns to the symptoms that match up with certain foods. There aren't any good tests to check for what's "getting" you. It's more a trial and error thing.
Best wishes and good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: