8 replies to this topic

#1 Knoppie

Knoppie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

A friend of mine is super sensitive and lives in Egypt, they don't have the gluten free allergy friendly brands there. Are there any gluten free lip sticks or glosses by popular brands? they also have a body shop there

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

A friend of mine is super sensitive and lives in Egypt, they don't have the gluten free allergy friendly brands there. Are there any gluten free lip sticks or glosses by popular brands? they also have a body shop there

I like Burt's Bees gloss. Don't know if it's available there?

#3 tbrittain

tbrittain

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

The brand Desert Essence is online and it has great glosses that are tinted and clear. Totally gluten-free product.

#4 birdie22

birdie22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:19 AM

I'm very happy with Red Apple Lipstick products.
Diagnosed NCGS April 2012 after battling headaches, canker sores, bloating, heartburn, epigastric pain, buzzed feeling, extreme fatigue, muscle aches, and nausea since November 2010.

gluten-free since November 2011

#5 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

I second Red Apple Lipstick -- love the colors and quality. They ship overseas but since it is getting to be summer not sure the products would arrive in anything other than a melted mess. 8-(

#6 Knoppie

Knoppie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

thanks for the responses so far
Does anybody know anything by lancome, l'oreal or that sort of stuff?

#7 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

Could she mail order bare minerals in pinks and reds, and then mix a little bit of it with a little bit of whatever natural type gluten free oil she has available for each application ? A little pot of that stuff is pricey, but it only takes a tiny amount and it lasts a long time - I use it for eye makeup, dry, or mixed with water, sometimes with a tiny bit of shea butter, and I have super - super sensitive skin. This stuff does not melt, and will hold color in the heat (and it - gets- hot - here - in - the - summer !)

Ecco Bella is gluten free lipstick. But I don't know if they ship overseas.
Hemp Organics (Vashon, available at Whole Foods) is gluten free, will ship overseas, per their website, but it might take a while.

Here is a contact number for Lancome (this is a 2009 list) http://www.glutenfre..._cosmetics.html

#8 Missandi

Missandi

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Yeah - I agree Red Apple Lipstick is your best bet! They will ship overseas...and I heard they're actually developing a "cold-shipping" option for the summer that includes sweat free icepacks and insulated packages (which would be perfect for long distance) - they announced it on facebook recently.

#9 Knoppie

Knoppie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Thanks everybody :D, I am going to give her the suggestions and she can do what she wants with it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: