1 reply to this topic

#1 Di2011

Di2011

Advanced Community Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

I started seeing a lovely man a few weeks ago who I just realised today has 100% indications of DH. Even down to those scars we are all familiar with.. and he has the traditional clustering and has it in the traditional areas of the body. He is 'textbook'. It was one of those 'oh my god' moments. Months ago I read on here that celiacs have some unusual powers to attract other celiacs but I didn't think that would apply to DH. It isn't the greatest of attractions especially since mine is still pretty much head to toe.
When I said to him that I was 100% sure he shared my condition he responded by saying it was dairy he couldn't tolerate. Well that sure was an interesting response. I told him some bits and pieces that I thought he could handle including about the damage to the intestine that consequently suffers from the dairy. He is keen to get it all tested. Phew.. I didn't think that 'oh my god' moment would go down that well.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nora_n

nora_n

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

oh good you knew about it and could tell him!

Must be some attraction...
gluten-free since may 06 after neg. biopsy symptoms went away and DH symptoms which I had since 03 got gradually better.
daughter officially diagnosed celiac and casein intolerant.
non-DQ2 or DQ8. Maybe DQ1? Updated: Yes, double DQ5
Hypothyroid since 2000, thyroxine first started to work well 06 on a low-carb and gluten-free diet
Lost 20 kg after going gluten-free and weighing 53 kg now. neg. biopsy for DH. Found out afterwards from this forum that it should have been taken during an outbreak but it was taken two weeks after. vitaminD was 57 nmol/l in may08)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: