This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Had My Baby!

KayJay

KayJay Enthusiast

Madelyn Grace was born August 18th at 11:15pm. She was 7lbs 6oz and 19 1/2 inches long. She is absolutly perfect. :D

She was a week late and after 40 hours of labor I ended up having to have a c-section. She really didn't want to come. ;) But recovery is going great and she is the love of our life! The only problem I had was getting a gluten-free meal from the hosptial. I had to send back my meals and it would take a couple hours to get the right one brought to me. My last meal they called and asked what I wanted so it was gluten-free but I was ready to go home by the time it came.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Carriefaith Enthusiast

aww :) congratulations! Too bad that of all places, the hospital couldn't get your meals right the first time :rolleyes:

VydorScope Proficient

YAY!! CONGRATS!!!

Canadian Karen Community Regular

That's wonderful news!!! Congratulations!

Her face looks perfect! What a beauty!

She must have been snug as a bug in a rug, and just didn't want to come out!

Karen

cgilsing Enthusiast

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Madelyn Grace...a pretty name for a pretty girl! :D

celiac3270 Collaborator

Awww...congratulations!

gf4life Enthusiast

Congratulations! She is a cutie! (and she shares my mother's birthday too! )

God bless,

Mariann

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

She is lovely!

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast
:) Congratulations!!!! Try to "baby" yourself and get as much help as you can from those around you. Madelyn Grace is beautiful.
tarnalberry Community Regular

Big giant CONGRATULATIONS!!! :-)

ILOVEOMC Enthusiast

How sweet! My daughter is named Grace Mae. I love the name Grace and you must also. Congratulations and enjoy this very special time as a new family. It passes quickly so savor every moment. :D

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

Aaaaw! That's so cute! Congratulations!!!

Guest Viola

Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl :D

pixiegirl Enthusiast

What a beautiful happy little girl! Many best wishes for you both. When I read about people having a baby I always get choked up and reflect on the day my daughter was born, almost 14 years ago. She has been the single most wonderful gift of my life. I'm sure your daughter will fill that niche for you! Enjoy, try and get some rest and accept offers of help!

Susan

happygirl Collaborator

Wow! Congratulations! Your daughter is so precious!

jenvan Collaborator

congratulations! that's wonderful :D

nettiebeads Apprentice

Congratulations!! How wonderful for you and everyone around her!! And I sure can sympathize with the hospital not getting your meals right.

KayJay Enthusiast

Thanks! Just wondering how you guys can see her. I tried to change my avatar to her picture but I still just see my dog. So does it work on everyone's computer but mine :unsure: I am just confused.

But thanks, we are so much in love with her that it is just crazy. Our ped. is setting us up with a ped. gastro. That way we know the best way to introduce wheat and the best time. Not to mention if she does end up with Celiac we will already have a dr. that we know. Of course I pray that she does not ever get Celiac and she has a strong tummy like her dad!

gf4life Enthusiast
Just wondering how you guys can see her. I tried to change my avatar to her picture but I still just see my dog. So does it work on everyone's computer but mine unsure.gif I am just confused.

That happens to me sometimes too with the avatars, but I can see her just fine! She is so beautiful!

God bless,

Mariann

Anya78 Explorer

Congrats! She's a cutie!

Keep us posted on the guidance of the ped. gastro and when you end up introducing wheat etc. Hopefully your little girl won't have celiac, but if she does, I'm sure you can handle it.

:)

Anya

PS: Cross your fingers for me please...we're trying to conceive!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
Thanks!  Just wondering how you guys can see her.  I tried to change my avatar to her picture but I still just see my dog.  So does it work on everyone's computer but mine  :unsure: I am just confused.

Try hitting refresh on your computer if you can't see it. Usually I can see when someone changes it but if it doesn't once I hit refresh it has worked for me.

She's so cute :D

celiac3270 Collaborator

It would probably be from your cache--something that keeps certain aspects of a webpage stored for you so it's quicker to load. But it needs to update occasionally or else you'll see old information...usually it's pre-set to either search for a change whenever you visit the page, every so often, or never...etc. it should change soon enough or I'll tell you how to empty your cache and see all webpages updated again...

I can see her, though. She's wearing pink. Her right eye (left side of picture) is closed a little more than HER left, probably because her right hand is pushing the side of her cheek. Mouth wide open. Sorry for the play-by-play, but I wanted to prove that we can see it and we're not just pretending :lol:

KatieWI Newbie

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! She is beautiful!! :D

~Katie

Twister2 Contributor

She's beautiful Kayjay!! Congrats! How are you recovering from your C-section?Our little guy is due on Oct 15th, but apparently he's a little anxious to get out early. I have been on bedrest for 6 weeks for preterm labor. I have one week left of bedrest then we should be ok if he's born then. I can't wait to see him!

Hugs,

Twister

Roxyk Newbie

Congratulations - she is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Archived