Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Chuck E. Cheese's To Offer gluten-free Options On Menu

4 posts in this topic

So, now Chuck E. Cheese's is testing a gluten-free pizza and cupcake.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chuck-e-cheeses-to-offer-new-gluten-free-options-on-food-menu-2012-05-07

It may be a frozen pizza but at least they seem to get the CC issue better than that other pizza chain that's been in the news this week for their not-safe-for-Celiacs gluten-free pizza choice!

I bet a lot of parents will like this info: "The bake-in-bag pizza will remain sealed while cooked and delivered and until opened and served with a personal pizza cutter at families' tables by the adult in charge."

Besides, you don't go to CEC for the pizza right? At least when I suffered through the phase of birthday parties there my daughter was not that enthused about the mediocre pizza...it was all the games and chaos that was the big draw!

Ads by Google:

I saw that! Yes, that's an interesting concept - the bag.

I am thankful they are taking such precautions to prevent CC. My kids will love this, even if it is a frozen pizza! But the way they are cooking it seems interesting to say the least, but I am thankful they are concerned about CC. The main reason we hardly ever eat out is CC, so this will be nice. Hope they expand their markets soon to all areas.

The company that is making this pizza for them "Conte's Pasta" has fantastic gluten-free ravioli.

It's available at both Whole Foods and Vitamin Cottage stores here in CO.

(Haven't had their pizza, but I'd give it a try...but maybe not at a Chucky Cheese....).