Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Nature's Promise Rotisseri Chicken

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if these chickens sold by Martins and Giant foods is gluten-free? I have tried to reach this company and they close their offices at 1p. Must be nice. I looked online for an answer but could only find info on Purdue. I lookd at the label and it says Native Corn Starch, whatever the heck Native means. But, it has the Natural Flavorings. I am a Newbie and am struggling with labeling. Thanks.

Ads by Google:

Does it say "contains WHEAT" anywhere on the label? They have to put that there if it does, hon.

Does it say "contains WHEAT" anywhere on the label? They have to put that there if it does, hon.

No, it doesn't say wheat anywhere, but from my reading up on this, I thought they could hide anything under "Natural Flavorings?

That's why we have the "truth in labeling" law, hon.

If it contains wheat, it has to say it on the package.

That's why we have the "truth in labeling" law, hon.

If it contains wheat, it has to say it on the package.

Ok, so I am learning. Good. I just am not sure of myself yet. I know it is other grains besides wheat so I was fearful they hid one of those in there somehow. Maybe in the seaonings or flavorings. I guess it's ok then, so thanks much for the info.

Ok, so I am learning. Good. I just am not sure of myself yet. I know it is other grains besides wheat so I was fearful they hid one of those in there somehow. Maybe in the seaonings or flavorings. I guess it's ok then, so thanks much for the info.

I know it's tough at first, hon... and you are RIGHT, they do not have to say Rye or Barley or malt...but if it is NOT listed in the ingredients, then it is probably not a problem.

Welcome to the Board! :)

Hey, have you seen my "Newbie 101 Thread"...it has all kinds of info that I hope may be helpful.