1 reply to this topic

#1 desperateforhealth

desperateforhealth

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

Guys... when I first went gluten- and dairy-free, I went without chocolate for three months, not realizing that there are plenty of chocolates out there that don't have milk fat/other milk ingredients. Miraculously my mom had some Ghirardelli chocolate chips that she had bought on sale, so I euphorically started eating chocolate again

Weeeeell, I have now worked my way through two bags of these chips (originally $9 a bag), and if I have any hope of enjoying chocolate WITHOUT going broke, I need a cheaper brand.

Do you guys know of any types of dark chocolate (w/o dairy) that are more affordable? I am pretty desperate. I just want some chocolate, doesn't matter how dark... I need my chocolate.

Thanks for your time!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_gfcfinfo_*

Guest_gfcfinfo_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

Guys... when I first went gluten- and dairy-free, I went without chocolate for three months, not realizing that there are plenty of chocolates out there that don't have milk fat/other milk ingredients. Miraculously my mom had some Ghirardelli chocolate chips that she had bought on sale, so I euphorically started eating chocolate again

Weeeeell, I have now worked my way through two bags of these chips (originally $9 a bag), and if I have any hope of enjoying chocolate WITHOUT going broke, I need a cheaper brand.

Do you guys know of any types of dark chocolate (w/o dairy) that are more affordable? I am pretty desperate. I just want some chocolate, doesn't matter how dark... I need my chocolate.

Thanks for your time!

Hi, I'm new here. Not sure if I can post links to sites or not.

Taza Chocolate in USA state they are dairy/gluten free but no idea if they have cross contamination issues with dairy, etc.

Enjoy Life state they are dairy free but make their bars on shared equipment according to their website. You would have to contact them both to check they are dairy free inc. cross contamination.

There's a site called Worldwide Chocolates which list Vegan chocolates but I've never used their site before.

Have you tried Carob or making your own chocolates? Look for Vegan chocolates but be aware that there can still be cross contamination issues with dairy, gluten, wheat, soy, etc.

I don't know if any shops in the USA who sell individual chocolate ingredients (cacao powder, cacao liquor, cacao butter, cacao nibs) to make your own.

Hope this helps and Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: