Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten-Free Candy?

8 posts in this topic

My husband and I just found out we are expecting our child and feeling so blessed and excitd! But the nausea is starting to appear. My last pregnancy I was not gluten-free yet and what worked for me was peppermint candies or other hard candies. I went to the store to try to find some gluten-free peppermint candies and all the brands I found said they were processed in facitilites that process wheat. Anyone know of candies that would be safe???

Ads by Google:

Bob's (the old fashioned kind) are gluten-free.

Junior mints and Andes mints are gluten-free.

Congrats!!!

Congrats, Suziq! How about peppermint Lifesavers? I also like Bob's Sweet Stripes...actually I like them too much!!!

Congrats, Suziq! How about peppermint Lifesavers? I also like Bob's Sweet Stripes...actually I like them too much!!!

I'll have to look for the peppermint Lifesavers. Are all Lifesavers gluten-free?

I've never heard of the Bob's brand of peppermints (or if I've eaten them I've never paid attention to the brand name). What stores carry this brand?

I'll have to look for the peppermint Lifesavers. Are all Lifesavers gluten-free?

I've never heard of the Bob's brand of peppermints (or if I've eaten them I've never paid attention to the brand name). What stores carry this brand?

Wal mart carries Bob's. I think Walgreens does too.

Read all food ingredients. I don't know if all life savers are gluten-free - check their website?

Also, the online website natural candy (naturalcandystore.com) has a way to sort candy by special diet. I bought some mints (Vermints I think they are called) along with a million other things. Congratulations!!

sour apple jolly ranchers. trust a girl in her second trimester who was massively sick in her first, they work :)

The Bob's Sweet Stripes I buy are soft mints. Here's a link to the Farley's & Sathers website. There's also a contact button if you want more info but I've never had a problem with them. I got mine at RiteAid but haven't bought them since Christmas. They're too addictive.

Lifesavers are made by Wrigley's. Contact info here. and the Pep O Mint is what I buy. I have no problem with them. Wal-Mart has the best prices that I've found. Since these are the only ones I buy, I can't tell you if others are gluten-free but I would think they probably are. If in doubt, contact them.