2 replies to this topic

#1 nursenation2

nursenation2

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

So I figured out oats are a no for me. Labs came back and SIBO is my problem. So glad it's something an not that I'm crazy. Rifaximin for me for a week. I'm hoping it goes well. So grateful I'm not intolerant of more than gluten and oats. Thanks for all your help :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Roda

Roda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

Sorry to hear about your sensitivity to oats. It is estimated that around 10% of celiacs react to the protein in oats also. It is called avenin sensitive enteropathy. I unfortunately fall into this category. I can not consume products that also have oat or potential oat cross contamination. So I have to call manufacturers to see if they use gluten free oats. It has eliminated quite a few gluten free products. There are brands I trust. To name a few: Glutino, Betty Crocker and Ener G. I have contacted them about the oats. Here is a link to a topic I started awhile back.

http://www.celiac.co...__1#entry732064

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#3 nursenation2

nursenation2

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

Thanks I read the other post. That's great information :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: