11 replies to this topic

#1 Mnicole1981

Mnicole1981

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

My primary doctor just called and said she "thinks" my biopsies came back okay. Alerted me that I was anemic, which we realized last year. I have not heard from the GI doctor. The conversation was weird. She asked me if I had seen the GI yet. If you are asking me that, then how would you think my biopsies came back okay?
gluten-gree as of May 9, 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

Sometimes labs, xrays, and pathology reports will be sent to the doctor that did them & the regular doctor. So in this case, they sent the pathology reports (biopsy reports) to the GI who did them and your regular doctor. Get a copy. Your regular doctor may not understand the results and would prefer the "expert" :blink: GI tell you about them.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 Mnicole1981

Mnicole1981

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

I just don't think she even has the results yet. Why ask if I have even seen the GI if you have my results back?

Nobody wants an autoimmune disease, but a medical explanation as to why I was so sick since February would be nice.

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

I just don't think she even has the results yet. Why ask if I have even seen the GI if you have my results back?

Nobody wants an autoimmune disease, but a medical explanation as to why I was so sick since February would be nice.

Let me try again. She may have gotten the results but not understand or feel she should interpet them. They don't just say "Patient has Celiac". She would prefer you speak to the GI about the results. If this were me, I would call the GI office and see if the results are in.

The findings on this may not tell you what is wrong. It may just tell you what isn't. You can try gluten-free and see if it helps. You may be gluten intolerant but not Celiac.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 Mnicole1981

Mnicole1981

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

Let me try again. She may have gotten the results but not understand or feel she should interpet them. They don't just say "Patient has Celiac". She would prefer you speak to the GI about the results. If this were me, I would call the GI office and see if the results are in.'

The findings on this may not tell you what is wrong. It may just tell you what isn't. You can try gluten-free and see if it helps. You may be gluten intolerant but not Celiac.

I think I am going to go ahead and go gluten free regardless. I should have found my own GI. I didn't mean to come rudely if I did.

#6 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

I think I am going to go ahead and go gluten free regardless. I should have found my own GI. I didn't mean to come rudely if I did.

NO. Not rude. I just didn't make it clear.

Call the GI office and see if the reaults are back. Sounds like the only way you are going to find out.

santa-dance.gif

#7 trayne91

trayne91

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

I think your dr. Meant have you seen the gi doctor yet - since the results have come back (not have you seen the gi doctor in the first place).

Tracy

Gluten-free 5/14/12. Elevated TTG IGA 4/12
Positive biopsy (flat folds and elevated Intraepithelial lymphocytes) 5/9/12
Results delivered 5/14/12
Migraines, swelling, bloating, asthma, tingling in legs, anxiety, fatigue, etc...
Low Vitamin D 17. Three years of 1000 IUs of D3 a day, now up to 36 (30 normal)
Hysterectomy 1/2010
WPW Syndrome - Diagnosed at 17. Ablation 9/2006

#8 Mnicole1981

Mnicole1981

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

I'm not sure because she also asked me if he found anything... which she should have known already if she actually had my results.

#9 Mnicole1981

Mnicole1981

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

I called the GI's office today and they stated that they still haven't received the results of my biopsies. It was a week ago today that I had my EGD and colonoscopy.

I joked with my coworkers that it probably came back positive, but since I am Black and it is just not possible for me to have it, they keep checking it over and over again.

#10 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

I called the GI's office today and they stated that they still haven't received the results of my biopsies. It was a week ago today that I had my EGD and colonoscopy.

I joked with my coworkers that it probably came back positive, but since I am Black and it is just not possible for me to have it, they keep checking it over and over again.

I think you should print this and hand it to all the fools who say that. http://www.curecelia...actsFigures.pdf

And I'd be really interested to know if that percentage is influenced by the number of Black Americans who have medical insurance. There are studies out there showing underrepresentation in other conditions - and the train of thought is they just aren't getting tested.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#11 Astrid1986

Astrid1986

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

So why did your regular doc say she "thinks" your results are okay? Would she have expected to hear from the GI by now, a nd since she didn't, concluded that a ll must be fine?

#12 Mnicole1981

Mnicole1981

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'm not sure. She does stuff like that often. She called me a few weeks ago telling me my FMLA paperwork was ready to be picked up, her intern called the next day saying it was ready. When I went to pick it up, it was not ready. She filled it out when I got there.

I have been with her since I was 18, but it almost seems like she is not listening to you, especially since they started using laptops instead of paper..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: