2 replies to this topic

#1 jessthirtytwo

jessthirtytwo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

hey guys. i have been gluten free for almost 9 months now. the first 7 months i felt great, but for the past 2 months i have seemed to have hit a wall. i have been bloated every single day; totally flat in the morning and then as i eat i get bigger and bigger through out the day. i am assuming it is all due to bloating in my intestines, as i only get big below my belly button. i have been keeping a food diary for weeks now and i cannot find any correlations between my bloating and what i eat. the only thing i have found is that i get extremely bloated and gassy when i eat an apple (fructose malabsorption possibly).
i take digestive enzymes with every meal, a multi vitamin and magnesium every morning, culturelle probiotic in the afternoon, and a lactaid pill when i eat dairy.
long story short, i cannot deal with this constant bloating, and low self esteem because i look pregnant by the end of the day, much longer. just wondering if anyone else has similar experiences and what might help ease the bloating?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Di2011

Di2011

Advanced Community Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

Perhaps avoid dairy and the lactaid. Perhaps your dairy intolerance is more serious than a lactaid can help???

#3 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

I don't know too much yet, but I found I felt better when I ate no grain at all. I went through withdrawl when I cut out spelt and kamut. I went through a second withdrawl when I cut out rice and all grains. Also when I eat away from home I bloat or get hives.

When I saw the MD the other day she told me you look pregnant. Indeed, I did and futhermore people have asked me 2 or 3 times, if am, when I was not. My sister thought I looked pregnant at age 10, but she knew it wasn't possible. I can relate to the bloating-that's for sure. Once in a while, it has been a long time now; my tummy goes flat.

My substitutes for flour are beans, almond flour and coconut flour and I have really enjoyed my food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: