Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

Celiac Belly?!

3 posts in this topic

hey guys. i have been gluten free for almost 9 months now. the first 7 months i felt great, but for the past 2 months i have seemed to have hit a wall. i have been bloated every single day; totally flat in the morning and then as i eat i get bigger and bigger through out the day. i am assuming it is all due to bloating in my intestines, as i only get big below my belly button. i have been keeping a food diary for weeks now and i cannot find any correlations between my bloating and what i eat. the only thing i have found is that i get extremely bloated and gassy when i eat an apple (fructose malabsorption possibly).

i take digestive enzymes with every meal, a multi vitamin and magnesium every morning, culturelle probiotic in the afternoon, and a lactaid pill when i eat dairy.

long story short, i cannot deal with this constant bloating, and low self esteem because i look pregnant by the end of the day, much longer. just wondering if anyone else has similar experiences and what might help ease the bloating?

Ads by Google:

Perhaps avoid dairy and the lactaid. Perhaps your dairy intolerance is more serious than a lactaid can help???

I don't know too much yet, but I found I felt better when I ate no grain at all. I went through withdrawl when I cut out spelt and kamut. I went through a second withdrawl when I cut out rice and all grains. Also when I eat away from home I bloat or get hives.

When I saw the MD the other day she told me you look pregnant. Indeed, I did and futhermore people have asked me 2 or 3 times, if am, when I was not. My sister thought I looked pregnant at age 10, but she knew it wasn't possible. I can relate to the bloating-that's for sure. Once in a while, it has been a long time now; my tummy goes flat.

My substitutes for flour are beans, almond flour and coconut flour and I have really enjoyed my food.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Already had that looking on experience and in the end had to leave the room as it was unbearable just sitting there with people laughing at me not being able to eat, yup people are cruel and really show their colours at times like this. Tbh based on the reactions I've had from people my age so far the kissing thing will be irrelevant as no one will stick around to get that far. Since the diagnosis whenever the gluten stuff has come up I've been belittled and made the butt of jokes. Then even people who previously were OK with it started jumping on the bandwagon too. Seems like the alternative to the "bad ones" is no one, which is even worse @GFinDC it's the time thing that's really getting me down right now. Feel like I've lost out so much already and the thought of losing another year or two to this is driving me crazy, especially when I see others my age making the most of their lives and I know with this I can't do the same.  I'm exactly one of those people you described, never been interested in cooking and vegetarian too which rules out this paleo diet everyone seems to use as gut healing. Just adds to the feeling of being lost in all this and once I close the forum window I'm on my own. Still wondering if to do those Cyrex tests to find out early on which other foods may be problematic. Part of me isn't convinced they're scientifically proven enough to be useful but then others seem to have had useful result. Trouble is it's not cheap and already been drained money-wise by these private hospital visits so have to pick the treatments wisely...
    • Ifyour using local  agricultural products  check into and your state dept  of ag.  You can  also check to see the types of projects that are available.  GOOD LUCK  
    • Q: My friends are talking about gluten-free diets and gluten-free foods. ... In celiac disease, the immune system identifies gluten as a foreign invader ... View the full article
    • Yes, GFinDC you've got the gyst of what I am after. If I am reading your response correctly then, you think that inflammation in the gut caused by gluten ingestion is enough to trigger diarrhea, quite apart from the state of one's mucosa? That would be good news for me. More information on this inflammation reaction in the gut with gluten ingestion is precisely what I am after, but cannot seem to find. Because, as stated, as far as I know, D is mostly if not only, caused by flattened villi. OTOH, how interesting to hear from you, cycling lady, that you had flattened villi and no D! RMI, the link is quite depressing. Many appear not to have healed mucosas after a gluten-free diet. A repeat endoscopy is what is so clearly needed by many of us, but honestly I am a little wary of the risks.
    • No, they didn't test my ttg igg, which I was surprised about considering the low IgA and positive DGP Igg. (The tests they did were IgA serum, Ttg IgA, DGP Igg and IgA and gene testing) If he ever returns my call, I was going to ask him about that.  He initially wanted to set up a endoscopy, but I told him I had one last year (with my prior GI) and he said he'd take a look at it and we'd go from there, except that was two weeks ago and I haven't heard from him.  My prior GI did take biopsies, I believe to rule out H.Pylori and I was told biopsy results were normal, however, I didn't receive a pathology report or anything like that.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member