1 reply to this topic

#1 living_free

living_free

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

I was wondering how anyone know if Frito's original bean is gluten free.. Or if it can be contaminated with gluten during the process? Has anyone had symptoms from eating their bean dip.. I have been eating it my whole life, and around the time I found out about the possiblity of celiac (extremely sensitive to gluten). I found out that I also have gerd...Just thought I'd ask, before I possibly go experiment and see what happens...

Thanks =)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

I hope this doesn't confuse you but this is thier gluten-free list. Read the paragraph above each section carefully. The first section are the products they test for gluten free. The second have no gluten ingredients, they do not test them and thier is a possibility they are made where they make things with wheat. This does not mean they have wheat or gluten in them. Remember that they do wash the production lines very well between batches. This list Is for the US only!

http://www.fritolay....ngredients.html

I would eat the bean dip if it has no gluten listed as I haven't had a problem with Frito Lay products. Not sure about how they affect GERD.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: