Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Melting Mexican Cheese?

8 posts in this topic

I'm on the hunt for a really good mexican cheese that is great for cheese dip and or melted over refried beans. Any suggestions? I've tried a few with not so good results? It could be that I'm not doing it right. I want the white mexican cheese Help! : )

Ads by Google:

We cook a lot of Mexican food here, so I will keep you in mind, and if I can find one, will let you know asap, as I am currently researching Mexican food for Celiacs.

Have you tried some of the fresh, soft cheeses? They melt better IMO. What about adding Mexican cream?

Do you have a grocery store that stocks Mexican cheeses? I don't mean Kraft Monterey Jack....

I use Kraft Monterray Jack all the time. Melts beautifully, tastes good, and I know it's safe. I just thought I'd mention that because I just happened to be eating some as I read this post! :D

I use Kraft Monterray Jack all the time. Melts beautifully, tastes good, and I know it's safe. I just thought I'd mention that because I just happened to be eating some as I read this post! :D

Ha!

The Mexican cheese brand I see most around here is Cacique. It may be your recipe not the cheese. You'd be surprised at how complicated a simple cheese sauce can be -one that doesn't clump or seize.

Anyway, there are many fresh Mexican cheeses. Some are salty, sweet, etc. some crumble well like a blue or feta.

lol I guess Kraft Monterrey Jack may be safe then? I am going to try it with my cooking and see if it works for me.

yes, Kraft Monterey Jack is safe. Most Kraft cheese products are. Kraft have a policy that they will always clearly disclosed the presence of and gluten source by naming the grain on the label.

yes, Kraft Monterey Jack is safe. Most Kraft cheese products are. Kraft have a policy that they will always clearly disclosed the presence of and gluten source by naming the grain on the label.

Kraft is safe they dust the grated cheese with potato flour, some companies do not. Unfortunately we have became a label reading society. So long as I healthy and happy, I keep reading labels.