Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

I know you said you did your research, but in case you missed this

http://www.curecelia...s3_Antibody.pdf

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 CoachAng

CoachAng

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

I know you said you did your research, but in case you missed this

http://www.curecelia...s3_Antibody.pdf

Thank you for the link. Going to review it now! I appreciate any help/info provided! :)
~ Angela

#33 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

OMG - I COULD CRY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO GLAD I found this forum!!!!!!! I hope you don't mind if I ask questions along the way. I am scared, yet I will be relieved if it is relative to gluten. I hope my bladder is not damaged due to the gluten.

I doubt your bladder is damaged, especially if your tests are all normal. Don't start worrying about that or anything else until you know what the underlying cause may be---which could very well be gluten/celiac.

(BTW, I thought Lisa had posted the celiac panel list on this thread (my mistake-- I am answering in two threads at once and they both involve the celiac panel) :lol: )

Karen has provided the link which explains the celiac panel.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#34 CoachAng

CoachAng

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

I doubt your bladder is damaged, especially if your tests are all normal. Don't start worrying about that or anything else until you know what the underlying cause may be---which could very well be gluten/celiac.

(BTW, I thought Lisa had posted the celiac panel list on this thread (my mistake-- I am answering in two threads at once and they both involve the celiac panel) :lol: )

Karen has provided the link which explains the celiac panel.

THANK YOU!!!! Trying not to worry needlessly about the bladder. The urologist did various CT scans, bloodwork, urinalysis, etc. All were fine, except scaint traces of blood in urine (microscopic). He did not feel the need to test further on the bladder, so no scope or anything done. I, deep in my heart, believe the pain is stemming from the stomach/bowels as I am not regular nor never have been for YEARS!!!! I mentioned this earlier, I never knew constipation could be a sign of celiac - I assumed it would be IBS-like symptoms since the body would try to rid of the gluten. Definite learning process for me. I only know limited amounts of info on gluten - enough to cook for my brother when he is here to avoid cross-contamination. Never would have known the overall effects on other organs, including the bladder. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
~ Angela

#35 ndw3363

ndw3363

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

Treatment for candida is to follow the candida diet (you can look that up) - it's not fun and I'm not as strict as I should be about it...(salad with no dressing...really?). Also add in some probiotics and anti-fungals. I'm taking grapefruit seed extract right now, but I do a rotation of other anti-fungals as well to keep my system from resisting. My first symptom when I've strayed too far from the diet is sinus trouble. Then comes the bladder pain, then the fuzzy white coating on my tongue. Then my skin breaks out (itching like crazy) and I get really moody. If I follow the diet and only cheat (i.e. glass of wine once or twice a month), I can keep most symptoms at bay. This may be TMI, but after having a yeast infection that lasted for two years - yes TWO YEARS - I will never go back to eating the way I used to. Low/No carb is a lot easier to do after you've done it for awhile and plan ahead. Plus, you will stop craving it...takes awhile, but I promise, those cravings will stop. I'm not suggesting that you don't have a gluten problem - I'm just letting you know that stopping gluten wasn't enough for me to make my symptoms stop. Hope this helps!

#36 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:58 AM

I, deep in my heart, believe the pain is stemming from the stomach/bowels as I am not regular nor never have been for YEARS!!!! I mentioned this earlier, I never knew constipation could be a sign of celiac. I only know limited amounts of info on gluten - enough to cook for my brother when he is here to avoid cross-contamination. Never would have known the overall effects on other organs, including the bladder. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Celiac is a head to toe disease because of malabsorption.

Since you are already reading what Karen has posted, read this too-- and see how all your symptoms may be linked:

http://www.curecelia.../guide/symptoms

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#37 CoachAng

CoachAng

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

Celiac is a head to toe disease because of malabsorption.

Since you are already reading what Karen has posted, read this too-- and see how all your symptoms may be linked:

http://www.curecelia.../guide/symptoms

Very interesting material. I am going to copy these links to my desktop for reference. Interestingly, I checked my bloodwork from last fall (2011) and my white cell count was WAY LOW and I was also very low on potassium. My doc said everything looked okay and since I was in great physical shape, it was nothing to worry about (the WCC and low potassium). At the time, I was eating 2-3 bananas per day and other sources of potassium.

Starting to see some patterns forming here (was in ER for heart palpitations in October 2011, low white cell count since at least 2006, acne since my mid-20's until current, constipation with times of very soft stools, and more). THANK YOU ALL for the information!!!!! :) You have made my day a better one!!!!!
~ Angela

#38 Ranne10

Ranne10

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

I recently read that many European countries no longer allow the use of genetically modified wheat. America and Canada have run amuk with it. My doctor said the GMO's are so unkind to the digestive system that gluten sensitivity is drastically on the rise here.

Might explain why you weren't as ill during your travels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: