8 replies to this topic

#1 faithforlife

faithforlife

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

This is my 6th child. I'm just feeling a lot worse than I remember feeling with my other 5 pregnancies. Ive always had very healthy pregnancy and deliveries, but have usually been anemic. Im taking my vitamin and iron supplement. I feel weak and constantly fatigued and never satisfied when I eat- in fact I feel badly (light headed, weak, fatigued) after eating this time around. I'm trying to eat more often and trying to eat super foods but just feel like something may be wrong with my absorption, or iron, or blood sugar. I've been gluten-free for over a year now but doctor says I've been celiac for years by the looks of my scalloped intestines. (i say all that cuz i figure ive been celiac during my other pregnancies and didnt know) Microscopically my intestines look good now so doc says I must be following the diet.

Faith For Life
Family History of terminal diabetes, acid reflux, etc.
2010-My 4 yr. old son- chronic diarrhea (3-5x a day since he was 12 months old)and chronic anemia,positive for 2 gluten sensitive antibodies, the genes, inflammation
(no villous atrophy found)
2011-entire family positive for genetics for celiac
2011-myself- positive gluten antibodies across the board
Family is successfully gluten free and some lactose free, studying Specific Carbohydrate Diet and Paleo Diet

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

How's your blood sugar?

ETA: Have you had your iron level checked? You may no longer be anemic, in which case the supplement could be making you feel this way.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#3 NJceliac

NJceliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

Make sure the vitamins you may have started when finding out you were pregnant ae gluten free. Also, you may want to get your thyroid checked.

Celiac Diagnosed 12/3/2011 (Positive blood work and biopsy at age 41)

#4 faithforlife

faithforlife

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

We did bloodwork and thankfully my blood sugar and iron were good. I think I will stop the iron supplement. I've read that having too much iron can make u feel similar to being anemic. Doctor -(Midwife) thinks I'm just under a lot of stress and need to take time to rest more. She's probably right. I was relieved to see my vitamin levels good!

Faith For Life
2010-My 4 yr. old son- chronic diarrhea (3-5x a day since he was 12 months old)and chronic anemia,positive for 2 gluten sensitive antibodies, the genes, inflammation
Family is successfully gluten free and some lactose free, studying Specific Carbohydrate Diet and Paleo Diet

#5 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

Each pregnancy is different....you're 11 weeks along and feeling terrible because you're pregnant :) I'm 16 weeks now and through 14 weeks it was the WORST.....it'll subside, just keep eating healthy and fight through it, in a few more weeks you'll feel as good as new!

#6 jswog

jswog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Each pregnancy is different....you're 11 weeks along and feeling terrible because you're pregnant :) I'm 16 weeks now and through 14 weeks it was the WORST.....it'll subside, just keep eating healthy and fight through it, in a few more weeks you'll feel as good as new!

Not necessarily. I'm 28 weeks now and would still be vomiting every day without my Zofran prescription. I've been quite sick throughout. I kept holding on to hope that my second trimester would come along and that I would feel better. No such luck! My doctor even told me at 20 weeks to plan to be sick the whole pregnancy. And add to that the headaches, fatigue, heartburn, sciatica, etc. I could go on...

However, with all of that said, I am SO THRILLED to be pregnant and starting a family of our own with my husband. I'm 35 (turning 36 just two weeks after our son is due) and he's 41. This is the first for both of us and we couldn't be happier! And I attribute it all to going gluten free...

#7 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

That's why I started the reply with "each pregnancy is different"...I'm sorry you've been so sick though still!

#8 faithforlife

faithforlife

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

Here I am at 15 wks and sure enough I feel a lot better but not quite normal. Nausea is less. Fatigue is still pretty bad. And I still have the fuzzy brain sensation but all symptoms are not AS bad.

Faith For Life

#9 Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

Here I am at 15 wks and sure enough I feel a lot better but not quite normal. Nausea is less. Fatigue is still pretty bad. And I still have the fuzzy brain sensation but all symptoms are not AS bad.

Like someone mentioned above, keep an eye out for your prenatal vitamins being gluten free or not, they could make you really sick if they have gluten in them. I felt pretty bad all of a sudden in my sixth and seventh months but it was because I was way way low on the calcium and magnesium and the baby was sucking up all that my body had to grow. SO I was dizzy, nauseus, mentally tired and foggy. Noticed my nails bending backwards when I was playing with the dog and thought "That's really bad right there, I need calcium now!!"
SO my added supliments to the prenatals are a calcium, magnesium, zinc, vit D, betain, and glutamic mix and I've felt much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: