This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Kissin & Stuff

SadiesMomma

SadiesMomma Apprentice

Well, this may sound retarded, and probably suspect for why my ex's have left.... They just cant handle me or something!

I love kissing my man but I am so scared to get physical when I think about what he's been eating. Is this really so bad, can it really hurt me???? Uuugh, I wanna be normal and just kiss when ever, where ever like normal people, but here I am, Right in the middle of our romantic moment ... ask him what hes eaten and if he brushed his teeth. Is that tacky or what!!! Do any of you fear this, or do this as well???

Also, this is a little off the wall and I may get in trouble for posting it but since my boyfriend eats all the normal foods... can his semen have it in there as well? Can that make me sick? (a little personal, sorry!!!)

I dont know..... This dang Celiac affects everything..... even my love life!!!

Sorry if this offends any of you but I gotta know if anyone else feels this way, or knows the truth about it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SadiesMomma Apprentice

I really hope I did not offend any of you by posting this.... I just assumed that since you are my only support group, and understand what I am going through, that maybe one of you would know... or care to inform me.

Sorry though!

-Heather

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Heather-

Personally am TOTALLY not offended. I know there was a topic about this very subject on the old board. (I started it hehe!! :D ) I am having trouble remembering what all was said about it. It was quite a while ago. I think that it was determined that nothing would be harmful...but I really can't remember GRRRRRRR I hate when I can't remember things.

I think the main problem would be if you are, ok pardon my terminology here...but if you are swallowing the semen. Or if you have DH and are not using condoms. That is the only way it would effect things even if it DOES carry gluten.

But I am not totally sure either way on the answer.....you might want to ask your dr to be sure and let us know what you find out.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Connie R-E Apprentice

LOL!! Mario! I can just imagiane you cruising the celiac meetings looking for dates! :lol:

Be sure to mention that you are a wonderful gluten-free cook! (Gals love a man who can cook gluten-free!--if you can't--Learn!!) :P

Connie

--married to a wonderful gluten-free cook!

SadiesMomma Apprentice

It is really nice to hear how mature you all are about this. I was worried the moderators were gunna cut it out because of what it was about. I tried not to make it sound tacky. :P

Well, I have noticed... Condoms give me a bad reaction. I guess it could be an allergy to latex but Im not sure. Is it normal with DH to have the sensitivity and itching after using a condom? Semen as well leaves me a little itchy but I tend to do better w/o the condoms so I use OrthoEvra as a backup method (the stickies from that hurt like hell... itches and leaves blisters.... Its a no win situation!!! Im no doctor.... not a scientist.. Just a girl, with a guy trying to live a normal life.

I suppose I'll have to talk to my doctor about all of this and let you all know. Well see....

Thanks for your honesty...

Oooh Mario... Good luck on the Celiac Woman hunt in the grocery stores... LOL. :D

Heather-

It sounds to me like you might have a latex allergy if the condoms leave you itchey as well as the patches (they have latex in them also) . When you talk to the doc you might mention that.

PS...I'm a moderator so Don't worry too much! ha :D

nickra Rookie

Hello,

thanks sadiesmomma

thank you for making me smile

too often i have sat reading this forum in floods of tears - it was nice to read a very "human" story!

good luck in your endeavour...

:huh::o:huh::o:huh::o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

seeking-wholeness Explorer

Heather,

Do the condoms your man uses have a spermicidal lubricant? The irritation you experience may be caused by a latex sensitivity, especially since the patch also bothers you. (Or, maybe the patch's adhesive contains gluten?!) But if the condom is coated with a spermicide (like nonoxynol-9), THAT could be the culprit as well. I know that after I bought non-spermicidal condoms for my husband, I was very surprised to discover that sex with a condom didn't HAVE to leave me with a mild burning sensation inside! (I was SOOOO mortified :wub: to have to stand there scrutinizing the "family planning aids," but it turned out to be worth it after all!)

Good luck!

SadiesMomma Apprentice

never thought about the glues on the stickies of my BC patch. And yes the condoms were lubed with nonoxinal-9... Is that bad? Uugh Damn this Celiac. i cant even have sex without dealing with this. ARRGH!

Good to make you al smile though! :D

Bwaaa Haaa Haaa... I try to make people smile... This is so crappy for all of us.. We need smiles, and hugs, and support. Im here for all of you.

LOVE YOUUUUU! :)

tarnalberry Community Regular

definitely throw out the N-9. the stuff irritates a lot of people. to the best of my knowledge (and I ain't no expert on the matter), the process by which semen is produced would suggest that no gluten would become a part of it. you might consider looking into FAM (fertility awareness) as an ancillary method. it takes a non-trivial amount of work, but I like knowing my body that much better...

as for kissing... well, I think if he'd eated gluten recently, and then there was a vigorous bout of tonsil hockey, I'd be concerned about it. my husband eats a lot of bread, so I tend to forgoe "the works", as it were, until he's brushed his teeth, but general kissing I think is usually ok (assuming all crumbs are gone.... :-) )

SadiesMomma Apprentice

Mario,

Sorry but you;ve got some pretty high hopes for a bunch of ladies with hubbies and boyfriends LOL

Guest jhmom

I think we have gotten a little of course here guys, lets try to stick to the subject at hand and things to do with Celiac and being gluten-free.

Yes kissing is an issue if you are kissing someone who eats gluten. My dear hubby tries very hard to remember to brush his teeth when he gets home from work (after eating gluten at lunch) and is very conscious if he eats gluten here at home, I always stop him and ask if he has had gluten :lol: .

well I'm back and, with a great idea of having a celiac orgy at my place..ha, the mods will really love me now..  Damn could this really be, paranoid to have sex with the babes..geezzz this freakin celiac poop sucks the bone..FECK!!  ..

It amazes me how a constructive adult conversation was taken the turn to a new low with this remark. Mario consider yourself warned. Please read the board guidelines/rules.

-Jessica

A celiac.com moderator

outthere39 Rookie

I am wondering about girls and the lip gloss, lip stick thing. Which contain gluten and how could they affect me, if at all? The next thing is that girls secrete all over a man genital area, so would that be harmful in the same way semen could be?

Richard

SadiesMomma Apprentice

Good thinking Richard...

I would assume that the same thing goes for a woman to a man. I would espically think that DH would be the big issue for skin irritation unless bodily fluids enter your mouth.

Who knows if our bodily fluids actually carry Gluten... Maybe, maybe not.... Id rather not find out the hard way.

As for the chapstick and lipgloss.... Im pretty sure most are gluten-free. I know Chapstick brand is... You may need to check it out though.

Many lipsticks do contain gluten, so I'm sure that chapsticks/lipglosses are the same way. You might want to ask your partner with the kissable lips to forgoe the lip gunk?!?

Natural Ice Chapstick is gluten-free it is made by the Mentholatum Company.

travelthomas Apprentice

I did a search on celiac disease and kissing, sexual intercourse, semem, and bodily fluids, and did not come up with anything. <_<

Maybe no research has been done in this area? :huh:

I'm only guessing, but it would seem to me that the gluten proteins would be broken down in the digestive process, and would not enter the blood stream. Therefore it should not be present in bodily fluids? :mellow:

I would also guess that the gluten proteins would stay in the human mouth for quite a while. My advice would be to ask your mate to brush after eating. It would protect you and give your mate a very healthy smile. :D

travelthomas Apprentice

Thank you Sara,

Real experience says it all. ;)

Archived