5 replies to this topic

#1 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Do children -- say 14/15 months old --- with dh get a very high fever when they have an outbreak?

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

Do children -- say 14/15 months old --- with dh get a very high fever when they have an outbreak?

I have no idea. I got a low grade fever once with mine when the lesions got BIG.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#3 SPJ&E

SPJ&E

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Mine never has and he was broken out for 7 months straight. I have no idea if it's possible though. See what a big help I am?

I know my older kids though are the kings of viral rashes that appear either out of nowhere or following a cold or illness of some sort. Maybe it's that?

#4 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks you guys. And SPJ&E you did help so don't say you aren't. I just got word today that my nephews daughter had a bad episode which they had to take her to the hospital for. She broke out in a blistering rash & got a high fever so bad that she had seizures from it. My first thought was is this related to celiac? My nephew was offline for a while but I've just heard back from him that they said it was/is hand & mouth (foot & mouth?). He said she gets psoriasis though. He says she's still itchy all over her body & they have her on claritin for the rash & an antibiotic for an ear infection.
Pardon me for being stupid but I had no children & I don't know much about all the stuff they go through.
Our family has been somewhat disjointed/dysfunctional as far as not sticking close with each other so I hadn't had contact with my nephew for a while. I wanted to let him know about celiac & had tracked him down to tell him. Found out his sister, my niece passed away in April. Loved her very much. Drugs & alcohol. Posted Image

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#5 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

Thanks you guys. And SPJ&E you did help so don't say you aren't. I just got word today that my nephews daughter had a bad episode which they had to take her to the hospital for. She broke out in a blistering rash & got a high fever so bad that she had seizures from it. My first thought was is this related to celiac? My nephew was offline for a while but I've just heard back from him that they said it was/is hand & mouth (foot & mouth?). He said she gets psoriasis though. He says she's still itchy all over her body & they have her on claritin for the rash & an antibiotic for an ear infection.
Pardon me for being stupid but I had no children & I don't know much about all the stuff they go through.
Our family has been somewhat disjointed/dysfunctional as far as not sticking close with each other so I hadn't had contact with my nephew for a while. I wanted to let him know about celiac & had tracked him down to tell him. Found out his sister, my niece passed away in April. Loved her very much. Drugs & alcohol. Posted Image

I'm sorry to hear about your niece. Very sad news, indeed.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#6 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Thank you Prickly. She was only 32. Her liver shut down which in turn caused her kidneys to shut down. They made the decision to take her off life support.

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: