- - - - -

Mania!

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Haypaula_*

Guest_Haypaula_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2004 - 04:59 PM

Hi, I am currently awaiting the results of my enterolab specimen...meanwhile, I started gluten-free diet today...I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a yr. ago. I am a nurse and mourned the loss of my career and energy. At 36 I had given up on the idea of ever feeling great again...depression, fatigue, muscle pain, digestive issues, sleep issues....then, my son started with Celiac symptoms (his father, who is not in the picture once told me that he had celiac "as a child") I started reading books on celiac and by god!!!! I have no doubt that I have it...that my mom has it, that my sister has it, that my aunt has it and obviously, my son is screwed every which way he looks....Enterolab is so that I have something in writing but anyhow, TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF gluten-free AND I FEEL BETTER THAN I HAVE IN YEARS!! Could I be that affected by gluten that after only one day I am coming back up?? Of course, by 2 in the afternoon I had a "caffeine" headache going strong....withdrawal from something...gluten?? Dare I believe that I might actually be peeking at my old self?? I want to cry for joy... Paula

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2004 - 07:23 PM

Hi Paula, that is AWESOME news, good for you!!! :D

After going gluten-free I could tell a difference within a few days. The first thing I noticed, the abdominal pain was GONE!!! It takes some people longer to begin to feel better than others so enjoy your "new health"!!!!

Take care

#3 deweyhughie

deweyhughie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 07:35 PM

Paula,

Great news! I hope you feel better forever!

However, I want to just caution you ahead of time... Since the Enterolab tests do not provide a diagnosis that is recognized by most doctors, insurance companies, IRS, etc, etc, you may wish to continue to ingest gluten until you get your results back. If they come back positive, this will allow you to pursue an official diagnosis from a gastroenterologist.

Unfortunately, the "official" diagnostic tests require you to be on a diet containing gluten. If you go gluten free now, and then try to get a gastro diagnosis months from now, the tests may come back negative.

For all the explanations and reasons for why to get an official diagnosis, see the discussion titled "Why to get a diagnosis" in this same section. Furthermore, you must consider the impact that a proper diagnosis for you will have on your son.
Best wishes,
Dewey
Marion, IA

#4 Guest_Haypaula_*

Guest_Haypaula_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2004 - 03:21 PM

thank you for the advice. I guess that I am not real concerned with the diagnosis being made by a traditional means...Enterolab is fine with me. Paula

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: