2 replies to this topic

#1 avismommy

avismommy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

My 11 month daughter has had violent GI reactions to gluten products. She had a gluten and allergy blood panel and Celiac Disease nor allergies were shown in the blood work. Her pedi suggested that she go to a GI doctor to have a biopsy, but I don't want to put her through that at her young age. In the meantime, we are making sure that she has a gluten-free diet. So far, she is a very happy and healthy baby being gluten-free.

She only has 4 teeth so options for foods are already limited. I want to give her more textured foods. So far, I've given her rice cereal, yogurt, rice puffs, fruits, veggies, potatoes, sweet potatoes, ang gluten free waffles. I bought some gluten free pancake mix and Udi's gluten-free bread today. Do you have any other suggestions?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 natalie22

natalie22

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

Actually most babies at this age can eat almost anything, regardless the number of teeth. They just chew with their gums.
You can give her the bread with all kinds of spreads, cooked or fresh vegetables, meat or chicken in various forms, mashed potatoes, rice, practically anything you are having cut into smaller pieces.

As for the celiac, there will be no use to biopsy her at this time if she doesn't eat gluten regularly.

Natalie

#3 Jen2

Jen2

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

My youngest daughter is 13 months and she eats gluten/dairy free right now - she eats anything I give her, whether it be rice, beans, any fruits, any cooked veggies, cooked potatoes, small bites of meat, etc. She never did like pureed baby foods so she's been eating table foods and chewing with her gums from before she had any teeth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: