3 replies to this topic

#1 lauracooley

lauracooley

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

I went to the emergency room sat. At 2 am with excruciating stomach and chest pressure. I also had constant belching and a heart rate of 138. The did mri and chest X-ray and blood work. At first they were all very kind and concerned. After all test came back normal their demeanor changed i asked for another pain injectio
Before leaving but they refused. I believe they thought i was there seeking narcotics. I have a appointment at 3:45 today with a gastrointestinal doctor. My symptoms are_ unberable. If i have to live like this much longer i feel like i will die. My family thinks i am exaggerating ora a hypochondriac. I have lost 30 lbs in the last year. I feel as
i am wasting away. I can tolerate no food and survive on a diet of a few bites of fruit and yogurt. I am scared and i have no health insurance. I am afraid to tell the doctor everything because it all sounds so crazy
Thanks for letting me vent

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 beachbirdie

beachbirdie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

I went to the emergency room sat. At 2 am with excruciating stomach and chest pressure. I also had constant belching and a heart rate of 138. The did mri and chest X-ray and blood work. At first they were all very kind and concerned. After all test came back normal their demeanor changed i asked for another pain injectio
Before leaving but they refused. I believe they thought i was there seeking narcotics. I have a appointment at 3:45 today with a gastrointestinal doctor. My symptoms are_ unberable. If i have to live like this much longer i feel like i will die. My family thinks i am exaggerating ora a hypochondriac. I have lost 30 lbs in the last year. I feel as
i am wasting away. I can tolerate no food and survive on a diet of a few bites of fruit and yogurt. I am scared and i have no health insurance. I am afraid to tell the doctor everything because it all sounds so crazy
Thanks for letting me vent

I meant to ask you on your other thread and forgot. Have they checked you for gall bladder problems? Hiatal hernia? Ulcers?
1999 - Hypothyroid
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Ok, so stop eating fruit and yogurt!

Fruit has sugars in it and yogurt is made from dairy. Stop all sugar and dairy and see if you feel better. Try some pro-biotics also.

If you are having problems with gas in your stomach you can try peppermint tea or Altoids peppermints lozenges. Also stretching or bends may help.

I know it can be very painful, been there myself.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#4 Sesara

Sesara

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

I am wondering if, when you say you can tolerate no food, you mean that the food feels like it won't go into your stomach? And you are burping/regurgitating the food back up?

If so, along with the intense chest pain you describe, I'd look at the condition known as achalasia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: