8 replies to this topic

#1 KMMO320

KMMO320

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

My dr appt with the GI isnt until Tuesday, but I have been playing around with eliminating foods and seeing what happens. I tend to react almost immediatley. I went 2 days without eating Gluten and felt really..fantastic. I wasnt dragging, I felt alert and awake and this is just after 2 days. I was still having some digestion issues but I have always had trouble with eggs. So today, I am thinking wow, I feel so good that I bet I had just been not feeling well..maybe I had a cold, maybe because my primary mentioned Celiac to me I was sort of being a hypochondriac and thought I had symptoms of it, maybe it was in my head and Im fine.
So at work ( I waitress) I had some toast...and felt fine. nothing happened. No headache, no body aches, no chill or low grade fever. So I was like ok..now I feel stupid, Im fine.

On the way home, I stop at the Donut shop to get my coffee..and a muffin. I said the heck with it..Im fine.

Im not fine :(

I just want to know what is causing this..is it really gluten? what can make me feel so horrible? Why cant I just be normal and eat what I want? Why is this happening out of NO WHERE????
The stomach thing has been going on for years..but the head stuff is relatively new.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

It takes most people years to develop enough damage that it shows up in different body systems.

Eggs could be a sign of your gall bladder/liver is very upset with you, because they are full of fat. Off of gluten, eating fat (like gluten free versions of muffins, doughnuts, etc) can be easier because the gall bladder and liver are working better.

#3 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

It's not happening out of nowhere. You said yourself :

"The stomach thing has been going on for years"

You have now progressed to the next stage where it has done so much damage to the intestines & is now doing damage to other parts of your body. And even that has been in progress --- it's just deteriorated to the point that you FEEL it now.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#4 KMMO320

KMMO320

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

It takes most people years to develop enough damage that it shows up in different body systems.

Eggs could be a sign of your gall bladder/liver is very upset with you, because they are full of fat. Off of gluten, eating fat (like gluten free versions of muffins, doughnuts, etc) can be easier because the gall bladder and liver are working better.

I actually dont have a gall bladder, it was removed 13 years ago.

#5 KMMO320

KMMO320

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

It's not happening out of nowhere. You said yourself :

"The stomach thing has been going on for years"

You have now progressed to the next stage where it has done so much damage to the intestines & is now doing damage to other parts of your body. And even that has been in progress --- it's just deteriorated to the point that you FEEL it now.

I suppose you are right. I do want to thank everyone on the boards for dealing with my whining and ranting. This is very new to me. Though not the worst thing that can happen, and certainly not the end of the world, I always assumed food allergies and such were things that happened to OTHER people, and not me. lol.
So its all very surreal right now. I think its going to take a while to process.

#6 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

I suppose you are right. I do want to thank everyone on the boards for dealing with my whining and ranting. This is very new to me. Though not the worst thing that can happen, and certainly not the end of the world, I always assumed food allergies and such were things that happened to OTHER people, and not me. lol.
So its all very surreal right now. I think its going to take a while to process.

Whine is always better when shared with friends. ;)
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#7 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I will echo what Jestgar says. Whine away. Sometimes we rant pretty good too!

I know it's shocking at first. All I could think of was all the foods I could never have again. My favorite foods. The comfort foods. But it's weird --- I don't think about those things at all now. In fact, the thought of them turns me off. I've read quite a few who have said that.

Hang in there. We're here for you. Posted Image

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#8 KMMO320

KMMO320

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

I will echo what Jestgar says. Whine away. Sometimes we rant pretty good too!

I know it's shocking at first. All I could think of was all the foods I could never have again. My favorite foods. The comfort foods. But it's weird --- I don't think about those things at all now. In fact, the thought of them turns me off. I've read quite a few who have said that.

Hang in there. We're here for you. Posted Image

Chocolaye chip muffins from Dunkin Donuts are my all time most favorite things to eat. I am remembering back to a few days ago when I felt AMAZING (relatively) and thats how I want to feel all the time. So I guess I will do what I need to do. I just cant wait to see the dr and find out for sure.
I do know that even if she comes back and says she doesnt think its Celiac, I KNOW how I feel, I KNOW how much better I felt by not eating wheat and since there is no harm in NOT eating it, thats what I will do, regardless.

I definitely have a problem with eggs and too much dairy. Eggs do me in within minutes of eating, just goes right through me. I dont mean if eggs are an ingredient, but just straight eggs...its hell. And too much creamy milk/cream or liquidy type cheese is just awful too. I am ok with hard cheese and skim milk, but creamy stuff kills me.
I dont know if its related to the Celiac or not..I have been reading and saw how many people have trouble with it first while healing. I hope thats all it is and not a seperate allergy :(

#9 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

It could very well be b/c of celiac. You may find you can get those foods back after you heal. And you may try them at say 6 mos. & not be able to tolerate them but try again @ 1 year & you will or 2 yrs. We all heal at different rates so it will be a trial & error thing.

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: