46 replies to this topic

#1 KayJay

KayJay

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 07:59 PM

I just got back from eating out at outback and it was great! I had the port fresh catch or something like that and I can't believe it was gluten-free it was great!
--Then we got dessert and the brownie is really good also. I am feeling full and a little dizzy but I really think it was totally OK.
--That is the first time I have eaten out and feel pretty good afterwards, I hope more restaurants will get gluten-free menus.
Kayla
gluten-free since 2004!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:21 AM

Hi Kayla

OH yes, the Chocolate Thunder from Down Under is AWESOME!!!!!! :D :) :D :)

Matter of fact, I need to go get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy you were able to enjoy a WONDERFUl gluten-free meal!!

#3 hillary_henry@yahoo.com

hillary_henry@yahoo.com

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 04:32 PM

I haven't tried the brownie yet but my daughter who is 5 and was diagnosed a couple of months ago loves the Joey Steak its great it comes with a bake potato and a drink for 4.95 we go there all the time.

Hillary

#4 justmel74

justmel74

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 12:08 PM

I've recently been diagnosed with celiac's disease...do you mean to tell me outback has a gluten-free menu? And the brownie is on it?? Please enlighten me! :o

Thanks,

Melanie

#5 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2004 - 12:10 PM

The brownie they offer is flourless and therefore gluten-free. Haven't had it yet but when I go back on dairy I want some!

#6 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2004 - 12:15 PM

Yes Outback has a gluten-free menu, isn't that wonderful!!! I have had their gluten-free brownie and it is awesome! :D

Take a look : Outback gluten-free Menu

#7 KayJay

KayJay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 01:09 PM

Everything with a gluten-free is gluten-free on the menu. It is great! I liked the brownie but I make some at home that taste good I was more impressed with the main meal. I have not really eated at outback before and their food has great flavor!!! I feel like all the gluten-free is bland I like spice in my food and that had spice!

GO and try it!!!!
gluten-free since 2004!

#8 wildones

wildones

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 06:52 PM

We ate at Outback last night and was honestly the most excited about the dessert :D , over anything else. They did not have any gluten-free desserts on the menu :( , they only had 3 to chooses from. The chicken (w/ gluten-free BBQ sauce) was good though. There must be different menus in different parts of the country ??? We live in Colorado.
There is a really gluten-free brownie mix, made by the Gluten Free Pantry, that I get at Whole Foods.

#9 GFtwinzee

GFtwinzee

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:19 AM

I'm new to the board, so I am little confussed as to how to make a new discussion post :unsure: But anyways.. my questions are, has anyone had difficulty eating at outback or wendy's from their gluten-free menus. I am a severely sensitve celiac and I also do not eat dairy or soy. I used to eat at mc. donalds and chippoltes from their gluten-free list but have gotten sick many times, so the only place I trust now is PF changs and I have not tried wendys or outback. So I was just wondering if this would be a wise desicion to try them or not. I figure outback is safer than wendys because its a nicer reasturant and not a fast food reasturant where some employees really might not care. Thanks for any information you can provide me :D

Have a wonderful Gluten Free day!

'Drea

#10 S_EBarr

S_EBarr

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 01:24 PM

Are y'all telling me that Outback has a gluten-free menu?!?!?!

I LOVE that restaurant! That would be sooo totally great!

Beth
Gluten Free since Feb 2004!

#11 corbintlg

corbintlg

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 12:32 PM

Chocolate Thunder from Downunder is absolutely delicious and gluten free. My entire family loves it and they don't know the difference. We live in Colorado as well - Denver Metro area.

Wildones - what area do you live?
Tammy

#12 murda

murda

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:22 AM

I am also new to the board, but wanted to share my experience. I have tried the brownie on two occasions at Outback and have gotten sick. If I stay away from the dessert I am fine otherwise with anything else I have ordered. I personally love the BBQ sauce at Outback. The manager at the one near my house will sell me some for a cheap price (cheaper than glutenfree sauce in stores) it might be something to look into. This way I know our grill is always gluten-free.

Thanks for the other tips. I didn't know about Chippoltes!

#13 wildones

wildones

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 08:34 PM

Corbintlq
We live in Boulder, and went to the Outback in Louisville. I could have overlooked the gluten-free dessert, but I don't think so, because I was so excited about having it :P . I am getting hungry now, just typing this, I think we will have to go out to eat again soon, we are all getting really sick of our old standards here at my house.

#14 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 06:02 AM

WWAAAHHH!! I just called the Outback in Joplin, Missouri, and they do NOT have a gluten-free menu! I feel so deprived!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#15 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:23 AM

Dessa, you may want to speak to the manager as I have noticed that the other employees were not aware of the gluten-free menu in my area either. The manager and asst manager should know about it, if not you can email the company direct through their website. www.outbacksteakhouse.com

I hope this helps.... I think that each location uses the same recipes, spices, etc.. so it should be safe, but I would speak to the manager just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: