46 replies to this topic

#46 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 06:37 AM

Be careful of the outbak in Kitchener, Ontario. I ate there last week and I got very sick. I ordered from their gluten free menu too. :(
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 FreyaUSA

FreyaUSA

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:32 AM

My sister is a manager at Outback, so from the day I found out I was GI, she came to my rescue! She said, if the restaurant near you does not know what you're talking about, ask to speak with the kitchen manager, they've all been trained in this. Back in March when I found out about myself, my nearby Outbacks front people hadn't a clue. Now, they are absolutely terrific. We had one incident where someone picked croutons back off my salad, my 6 year old daughter reached over and ate one piece of cheese with crumbs on it and immediately made a fuss (she's the gluten police, Lol) and half an hour later was throwing up. The manager pulled the entire staff and lectured them about proper food handling and such. We also got a $40+ gift certificate. They are serious about how they handle food allergies and special requests. We go there 2-3x a month and will continue doing so.

Also, for those of you with large groups, they also (most anyway) have call ahead seating.

Last of all, their Alice Springs Chicken is awesome and, as far as dressings go, I order their house salad with caesar dressing on the side. The best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: