In a blender:

8-10 oz. So Delicious coconut milk

5-6 Frozen strawberries

1 cup blueberries

1 banana

some mango slices

handful of chunked up fresh pineapple

(any fruit works really!)

2 handfuls of frozen chopped kale (do not worry, it blends right up)

1 TBLS. ground flax seed

a good squirt of agave syrup or honey

BLEND.

If you like it thicker, throw in a few cubes, but the frozen berries make it slushy enough for me.

Full of calcium, fiber, digestive enzymes, vitamins and minerals (including folate and B-12, which we can always use) and it keeps you "regular"

;)

How many people you feedin with that there recipe, porkypants? :D

Do you find your blender has trouble with the frozen strawberries? Mine leaves little chunks, irritates me. Only does it with strawberries, any other fruit or ice it destroys...

Ads by Google:

Do you find your blender has trouble with the frozen strawberries? Mine leaves little chunks, irritates me. Only does it with strawberries, any other fruit or ice it destroys...

My old blender did that. I let the strawberries sit out of the freezer and start to thaw and that seemed to help. I freeze bananas when they start to get mushy. I break them into pieces to freeze. They mix better in pieces ( when they are frozen). Also, make sure you add some liquid, that helps.

I make a big batch & freeze it in portions in microwaveable containers. Then I just microwave about a minute on high and stir. Only have to get your blender messy once for four smoothies.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I tend to share some with hubs.

If you put the milk in first, the berries won't gag the blender blades and I do wait a few minutes for them to melt a bit.

My son, M, must have sent you a note. He wants a smoothie with kale. He had a sample at WF when the health class went. Kale is one of the best foods for you.

He did. He said his Mom was mean and wouldn't give him any Kale.

seriously, it really is one of the best foods there is. I ate a lot of it when I was folate and calcium deficient (I made kale soup and kale chips, too) and I got used to having it.

The bags of it are already cleaned and chopped and I just throw it in a freezer ziplock and grab a few chilly handfuls for smoothies.

It makes everything a nice shade of green! I like that color. :)

Here's a few more.

Apple, kale and Pineapple

2 cups kale (chopped)

2 apples, cored, peeled, and quartered

1 cup pineapple, chunked

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I tend to share some with hubs.

If you put the milk in first, the berries won't gag the blender blades and I do wait a few minutes for them to melt a bit.

It doesn't clog the blades, it more gets thrown up the edges without actually blending. Maybe they're just too light to stay near the blades.

I'm drooling. :lol:

This tends to happen with my blender when I don't add enough liquid.. but have you tried letting the strawberries thaw slightly before blending them?

It doesn't clog the blades, it more gets thrown up the edges without actually blending. Maybe they're just too light to stay near the blades.

...hmm, if they are frozen, they are like rocks, but if they are fresh, maybe they have super powers and try to jump out of the way of the blades?

...hmm, if they are frozen, they are like rocks, but if they are fresh, maybe they have super powers and try to jump out of the way of the blades?

Well, the frozen ones are what I'm having the problem with. But maybe they have superpowers too.....

Anybody put frozen mango in their smoothie? I did once, it tasted great. I think it was mango banana berry....

Well, the frozen ones are what I'm having the problem with. But maybe they have superpowers too.....

Anybody put frozen mango in their smoothie? I did once, it tasted great. I think it was mango banana berry....

why, yes, I do. :) I LOVE my mangoes!!!!! try mango and pineapple...yumsters!!!!!!

My VitaMix is brilliant for smoothies (ahem smooth ice cream). I use frozen mango, strawberries, banana, peaches, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, grapes, pomegranate...and if I want a tropical smoothie, I add a bit of coconut milk and coconut extract along with the vanilla I always add. Or some freshly-squeezed lime, orange or lemon juice and a bit of tangerine oil.