6 replies to this topic

#1 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

I have been grain free for nearly a month. My family is not on board. I just noticed yesterday that being in my kitchen makes me dizzy. yes, I was washing dishes, cleaning up flour, and moving loaves of bread in the pantry. I felt better when I went outside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

I have been grain free for nearly a month. My family is not on board. I just noticed yesterday that being in my kitchen makes me dizzy. yes, I was washing dishes, cleaning up flour, and moving loaves of bread in the pantry. I felt better when I went outside.

It may be time for a family meeting? Being exposed to flour, which can be inhaled, or on your hands which rub an eye, nose, or touch your mouth can be very dangerous to you. It can be enough to start the immune response cascade. Family members need to know how dangerous gluten is to you, and be very careful to keep it cleaned up and away from any of your foods/food prep area.
You need to treat flour and gluten containing items like they're poison..because they are! :o Every exposure will cause you damage, and will not only keep you from healing, but could lead to additional health problems. It's nothing to fool around with. This is serious stuff.

#3 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

It may be time for a family meeting? Being exposed to flour, which can be inhaled, or on your hands which rub an eye, nose, or touch your mouth can be very dangerous to you. It can be enough to start the immune response cascade. Family members need to know how dangerous gluten is to you, and be very careful to keep it cleaned up and away from any of your foods/food prep area.
You need to treat flour and gluten containing items like they're poison..because they are! :o Every exposure will cause you damage, and will not only keep you from healing, but could lead to additional health problems. It's nothing to fool around with. This is serious stuff.

Thanks, I have asked for a family meeting. I was refused as I have ended up with negative behaviour such as crying and yelling in the past. I also have suggested a 3 month trial for all the family. I think it likely that my children have inherited one of my 4 of 4 gene alleles that predisposed me to gluten problems. I just don't seem to get through to them. I have been asked not to talk about it. Yet, my husband did send me the address for this forum.

But I expect it won't be like this forever. I am hoping for outward symptoms. I have begun to drop weight and feel very different, but will it show? And will they not think it is just because I quit eating. Don't worry I am eating and enjoying my food besides.

#4 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

I am sorry that your family is being difficult. Keep out of the kitchen if it makes you sick. They can clean up their own messes. You can set up your own kitchen somewhere with a dorm fridge, microwave and toaster oven. I stayed sick a long time waiting for my family to get on board. They did eventually, but meanwhile I stayed sick.

#5 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

I was feeling that spinny head thing in the kitchen yesterday morning. I looked in my essential oil book and tried to find one for dizziness. I failed to find an oil for it, that I had, so I picked peppermint because it was good for allergies. I diffused it in the kitchen and my dizziness has not been a problem since

#6 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

I have to say that it's hard for me to imagine that moving loaves of bread, especially if they're wrapped, would make you sick, but cleaning up flour is something I simply refuse to do.

richard

#7 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

I have to say that it's hard for me to imagine that moving loaves of bread, especially if they're wrapped, would make you sick, but cleaning up flour is something I simply refuse to do.

richard

I think it may be the yeast in the bread rather than the gluten, but all I need is a wiff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: