This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Waking Up Feeling Sick And Warm..

123glldd

123glldd Collaborator

Something is very wrong..i keep waking up ...heart rate up...feeling warm...and feeling sick...like really...for the past 3 or 4 nights. I have no idea if this is a gluten issue....that i'm getting cross contaminated somehow...or if something else is wrong. Took pulse last night...about 75 but usually just before and after sleep i'm around 60.=\ I know that's not high but....considering i haven't been feeling well either and heart attacks tend to happen around 4 am....yeah...freaking out..Anyone else have issues with falling asleep and waking up in the middle of the night nauseated?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFinDC Veteran

I used to wake up sweaty every night. Went to bed ok but would get hot and start sweating during sleep. Doesn't happen anymore unless I am reacting to something in my diet.

There are some threads on night sweats. And also low grade fever.

123glldd Collaborator

I use to wake up a couple years ago and feel sweat on my chest but i'm not getting that. So I dunno if I would consider it night sweats. I'm very edgy because it ALWAYS happens primarily at night. I dunno why it would always happen then. The primary symptom is nausea. And discomfort but i have NO idea what could be causing this...i have nothing but gluten free foods...pretty sure i used nothing that had gluten in it...

alex11602 Collaborator

How is your blood sugar? Those symptoms are common for me when my sugar is low.

123glldd Collaborator

Not sure...last time i had it checked was november and i was pretty normal. Could I be having gluten withdrawl? it's been less than a month that i've been completely free of it...and i accidentally used some facial moisturizer earlier the week that is apparently not gluten free so...who knows i guess?

mushroom Proficient

Do you have any gastric distress or bloating when you awake like that?

alex11602 Collaborator

Not sure...last time i had it checked was november and i was pretty normal. Could I be having gluten withdrawl? it's been less than a month that i've been completely free of it...and i accidentally used some facial moisturizer earlier the week that is apparently not gluten free so...who knows i guess?

Hypoglycemia wouldn't show on pretty much any test a doctor ran unless you were hypo at the time it was taken. The best way to tell would be to get a monitor, you can get one at Walmart for about $9 and check your sugar when you wake up feeling like that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

123glldd Collaborator

Do you have any gastric distress or bloating when you awake like that?

Achey and makes me feel nauseated. Bloating not so much...no farts or anything...but...I tend to go to the bathroom to see if that's what's causing the problem..usually very little of anything comes out.

123glldd Collaborator

Hypoglycemia wouldn't show on pretty much any test a doctor ran unless you were hypo at the time it was taken. The best way to tell would be to get a monitor, you can get one at Walmart for about $9 and check your sugar when you wake up feeling like that.

Oh gosh...pricking my finger..i did that once using my grandma's because she has type 2 diabetes....i didn't like it lol I dunno if i could do it to myself... if it was low what would i do? eat something with sugar?

alex11602 Collaborator

Oh gosh...pricking my finger..i did that once using my grandma's because she has type 2 diabetes....i didn't like it lol I dunno if i could do it to myself... if it was low what would i do? eat something with sugar?

If it was very low, something like orange juice will bring it up quickly and then you need something that will make it stay level (protein, fat and carbs). If that is the cause having a snack before bedtime like peanut butter on a rice cake will help keep your sugar level through the night.

123glldd Collaborator

If it was very low, something like orange juice will bring it up quickly and then you need something that will make it stay level (protein, fat and carbs). If that is the cause having a snack before bedtime like peanut butter on a rice cake will help keep your sugar level through the night.

Interesting thought....I want to try a snack before bed but...heh....terrified of having anything in my tummy before bed cause of the nausea. Oh gosh i hate this!

alex11602 Collaborator

Interesting thought....I want to try a snack before bed but...heh....terrified of having anything in my tummy before bed cause of the nausea. Oh gosh i hate this!

100% understand that, it's the same reason I just deal with the low sugar (somewhere between 40s-50s) in the mornings because I don't want that feeling in my belly at night.

123glldd Collaborator

100% understand that, it's the same reason I just deal with the low sugar (somewhere between 40s-50s) in the mornings because I don't want that feeling in my belly at night.

Oh gosh do I hope this is just withdrawl from gluten lol

123glldd Collaborator

Well I had dark chocolate last night about 2 hours before bed...and a small bit of rice noodles with celtic sea salt on them. Not specifically for the purpose of trying out the low blood sugar theory. I didn't wake up in the middle of the night. However one of my theories was also I was getting too warm.....yesterday my husband put the air conditioner in the window for the summer...so it could be i was a comfortable temp. I thought maybe the heat was making me wake up sick and because i'm scared of throwing up it became a cycle? I also didn't have anything overtly milk related or nightshade related. not sure if i should try adding something back today and see how i do tonight or wait another day just to be sure this wasn't a fluke. I did have pirate's booty though which has milk in it for the white cheddar flavor i believe and i did have rudi's bread which has potato starch...that safe to say it's not a nightshade or milk problem ? I just avoided milk and having potato yesterday but i still had some of their products. I'm leaning more toward either low blood sugar or the temperature changed a lot. Or maybe i had a virus and i'm just getting over it lol I dunno!

Jestgar Rising Star

I dunno!

In my experience, this is usually the answer. :P

123glldd Collaborator

In my experience, this is usually the answer. :P

hehehe So much of this stuff is a mystery isn't it?

Archived