No replies to this topic

#1 Motherbird7

Motherbird7

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

For the second month in a row (gluten free 3 months) my cycle seems to have snuck up on me early. This isn't a problem because even though I have been very regular for at least 3 years now, it was usually longish, like 32 days. What it tells me is that being gluten free has been changing something. The best thing for me has been the near disappearance of sometimes severe pre-menstrual symptoms. I would feel the peak of manic anxiety and panic attacks near ovulation and almost two weeks of severe brain fog and the fight with feelings of alternating aggression/depression culminating in one sad negative night just before I finally found relief when my period started.

Tonight, while talking with my husband on the phone (he is out of town) I got a little weepy and felt a few moments of negativity. After I got off the phone I discovered I had started my period early. So a few moments of 'pms' was the only sign that my period was imminent.

Is it too much to hope that this isn't a fluke? Has anyone else experienced relief from PMDD going gluten free?
6 healthy pregnancies, 1 happy adoption
2 miscarriages (both @ 13 weeks)
Hashimoto's dx May 2011
Sister passed lymphoma/leukemia Jan 2012
Celiac dx Feb 2012
2 living sisters celiac dx Feb 2012
Gluten-free since March 2012
1 child dermatitis herpetiformis dx and gluten free July 2012
2 children with gluten sensitivity symptoms voluntarily Gluten-Free Aug 2012
HLA DQB1 0501/0604

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic