5 replies to this topic

#1 cyberprof

cyberprof

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

I'm traveling on business and am in downtown Columbus this week.

Anyone ever been to Barrio Tapas?

Any other ideas for close-in restuarants? (I know Bonefish, PFChangs and Red Robin are here but they're too far from downtown to take a taxi to...)
Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 StephanieL

StephanieL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

There are literally a TON from what I hear.

http://www.glutenfre...RESTAURANTS.htm

That should help. I am not from there (up in the Cleveland area) so I haven't been to these but maybe it'll point you in the right direction.

#3 cpreyer

cpreyer

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

Cameron Mitchell restaurants do a great job with Gluten Free. Both Marcella's and Martini near the Columbus Convention Center offer gluten free menus.

Most restaurants around town are quite good about accommodating gluten-free requests.

Good luck and enjoy!

#4 lynnelise

lynnelise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

BD's Mongolian BBQ can be done gluten free. Tell them it's an allergy bowl and they will cook your selection in the back and take extra precautions.

#5 Beverly914

Beverly914

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to let others know of a WONDERFUL Columbus restaurant our family found while on vacation---Portia's CafĂ©---Vegan/gluten-free/DF.  INCREDIBLE salads, soups, wraps (fresh-made daily----HEAVENLY), quesadillas, and desserts (chocolate cheesecake---AWESOME).  Portia even shared several of her recipes w/ our family---my best vacation souvenir.  web site is www.portiascafe.com .  Address is 4428 Indianola, not too far north from Ohio State.

#6 HumanDecency

HumanDecency

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

I agree. I eat Portias at least once a week. Everything is gluten free and vegan so you don't have to worry about ordering off the menu. .

I also enjoy the Papaya Fusion Grill. The owner, Burt, is a super nice guy and goes the extra mile when it comes to allergens. The menu is kind of limited for celiacs but I feel safe there. I've literally been there 50 times over the past 2 years and only had 2 accidents because of new workers. Now I just make sure he's watching over the orders. One time was my fault as I wanted my fish cooked a little longer and I forgot to tell the lady it was gluten-free. Tuesday night is always Under the Dome (on DVR) and papaya night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: