5 replies to this topic

#1 shine

shine

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

Tomorrow I go to the doctor. I'm real worried that it'll turn out that my tests are negative. I know that may sound strange, but Celiac explains everything, all my syptoms for all these years.

It's rather depressing to look at the list of syptoms, know I have so many of them and then just *know* that the test results are not going to confirm my thoughts. How do I know? Well, the dorctors here always call if you have bad test results. I've had no call and it's been two months. I tried a gluten challenge. All my syptoms went away, only to return when I ate something with gluten.

*sigh*

Thanks for listening. This site is wonderful. I wouldn't have had a clue what gluten was if not for this place.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Kasey'sMom

Kasey'sMom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:18 AM

I understand how hard it is to be waiting for test results. I had the tests done last week and I'm probably call tomorrow if I don't hear anything. My dd was tested months ago and I've put so much into her diganosis and recovery, I put my own health on the back bunner. Now that we can see a difference with her, I'm trying to examine my own health as well.

Hopefully you'll get the answers you need tomorrow.

Just something to think about...depending on your diagnosis. I went gluten-free for a while with my dd and then I also got sick when I started eating it again. I've almost come to understand that regardless of my results, my body doesn't tolerate gluten. :)

Take Care

#3 Nantzie

Nantzie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:21 AM

Fingers crossed for you. I know exactly what you mean. It seems so silly to pray that you've got a disease, but when it seems to explain everything.... I just found out about celiac disease a week ago and I feel the same way. I've got an appt to talk to a doctor in early Oct. It seems like forever to wait.

Let us know how things go.

Nancy
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
~Chinese Proverb

#4 shine

shine

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

Well, I just got back from the doctor's office and, as I suspected, the test(s) were negative. However, the doctor wants me to be wheat/gluten free and try an elimination diet, while monitored by a dietician.

So, I guess it's kind of a wishy-washy diagnosis. He thinks I'm intolerant or sensitive, posibly to gluten, possibly just wheat.

At least I have this place to help me sort out what I can and can't have while I figure things out.

~shine

#5 Nantzie

Nantzie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:25 PM

It's hard to know what to say.... I'm glad they don't think you have it because who wants someone else to have a disease. But I'm disappointed for you that you didn't get a definite diagnosis. Then, I'm glad your doctor is recommending a gluten free diet and help from a dietician, so you can know if it really is gluten that is causing your problems.

I hope you feel better soon.

Nancy
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
~Chinese Proverb

#6 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:33 AM

The dietary challenge is a valid diagnostic test, and I'm glad for you that you got a doctor who is willing to use it.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: